Need Advice - What's The Best Resort For Two Young People

Lee-Lee

Oct 17, 2002
i just made plans with my best friend to go on vacation.... (male friend... which makes vacations somewhat different than going with a female friend)

in any case, he wants to do cancun and i'm trying to convince him to go to DR.

where could we go in the DR that would give us more 'americanized' clubs? although i love the merengue and bachata stuff, he's not really into it... he wants americanized clubs, and those are the only grounds on which he would go to the DR.... club topps at the playa dorada complex would not qualify.

thank you in advance for anyone's advice

L L ; )

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Lee-Lee said:

where could we go in the DR that would give us more 'americanized' clubs?

L L ; )

Why go to the DR then look for Americanized Bars? It is not America. Go to Florida or California. Even the non Dominican run bars in Boca Chica all play bachata and merengue music, I think owing to the number of fans of that music inside.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Aw Lee-Lee hou can do better...

Go to Can Cun-what is left of it..
You would have more fun here with a sanki-panki! god! I don't believe I just wrote that!!
Lee-Lee, the guy is a dweeb! He must be one of thos guys that think jerking around like they have ants in their pants is dancing.
Now bachata, merengue, or salsa is really hot, sexy and passionate. Heck, even a good "son" or "danzon" can heat up an evening really nice.. I agree with the above... better go to Miami, no make that....hey, is there a place that is nice and warm and doesn't have Latin influence/???

Lee-Lee you are a big girl...get rid of the dweeb..no guts and no sense of adventure...

HB
bandit.gif

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Lee-Lee said:
where could we go in the DR that would give us more 'americanized' clubs? although i love the merengue and bachata stuff, he's not really into it... he wants americanized clubs, and those are the only grounds on which he would go to the DR.... club topps at the playa dorada complex would not qualify.

I agree with the others, Lee-Lee. If this "best friend" is important to you, go where he wants to go. Otherwise you will be blamed for a miserable vacation.

Meantime, look for a new best friend. You deserve better. It sounds like you are making trip plans for a young, vibrant woman and a stuffy old man.

Last edited:

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
Define "Americanized" club.

If this guy is truly "just a friend", then Boca Chica is where you should go. If he doesn't like the disco at the Hamaca or the bars on Duarte street, head to the big clubs in Santo Domingo at night.

Last edited:

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Lee Lee
Dump him,dump him,dump him,or go to cancun,nobody speaks spanish there anymore,better still keep him in Canada,give him some extasy and take his money to come on vacation by yourself,you can meet some realy nice guys here working in the resorts(Just ribbing ya hon,you will live down your debutante posting someday):cool:
Johnny

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Why?..................

Why are people sending LeeLee to Miami as an Americanized city? On the contrary, Miami has much better Latin clubs than Santo Domingo and people there dance with a passion. have you seen how Dominicans dance the merengue nowadays? They look like people who just lurked out of ditch from from the Night of the Living Dead. They simply look bored.

Yet, you go to Mango on Ocean Drive, Miami and they dance salsa and merengue better and the club is alive. Or go to Mystique and see how people should dance and take a few lessons from the masters. Ok, Olas at the Hamaca has some good dancers(chopitos) from the town who are pretty good. But other than that, most hotels have those middle age married couples who dancing is just an excuse to go out.

TW