$100 tourist visa??

Jean&Megan

Oct 21, 2002
Hi all;

I just read on the DR1 main page that the us tourist visa is increasing to $100- is this for a long-term visa or for everybody who flies in?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Read it again. "For all worldwide non-immigrant visa fee to US$100. The processing of the visa currently costs US$65 and is charged for all non-immigrant applications for visa and border crossing cards." BORDER CROSSINGS. So that means fly, drive, swim into the United States.

S

Stephen

That is the application fee for DOMINICANS that want a US visa when they apply at the embassy. I read the same article and it was VERY CONFUSING!!!! Which is like most of the DR1 news (like it or not)

S

Stephen

Obviously it is for all applicants, but in the context of "Jean&Megan's" message they were asking in relation to the Dominican Republic. Confusing.........most of the DR1 news in written in a manner not consistant with proper english language. It is definately written by someone with English as their second language.

Jean&Megan

Oct 21, 2002
Shoo that's a relief- rereading it now it makes more sense, thanks for the explanation...Stephen I'm with you though, it was a tad confusing!

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
What's the confusion all about?

I read the thing and it was exactly what was said on the papers. I disagree with you that DR1 translations are bad. Since I read both Spanish and English news sometimes I find that the translation in DR1 sounds even better than the Dominican newspapers.

I have also found that Dominican newspapers twist the headlines and news, whereas DR1 gives you a true picture.

TW

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
".........most of the DR1 news in written in a manner not consistant with proper english language. It is definately written by someone with English as their second language" stephan

Your guess is right. The news is written by Rob who is not an american but a british citizen. I mean, what do the brits know about english anyway? hehehehehe

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Wow Jim I always thought you were way smarter than me. LOL
The news was about people entering the United States. Not the DR.
Oh never mind. Like I said once. How many of each kind of animal did moses take on the ark? Anyone??????

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Funny even when you actually say it outloud people get it wrong.
The answer is none. It was Noah that took animals on the ark not moses. It's kind of a little joke on what people read into things. ;)