Fishing Spots

madcaster

Jun 2, 2002
I am an avid flyfisherman and fishing guide. I will be in DR from December on. Looking for some good spots to fish. I will be staying in SD but will travel, especially for good fishing. You can e-mail me if you don't want to tell the whole world, or better yet anyone living there interested in a trip? ><{{{(*<~

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Madcaster.
I have Flyfished the DR for over 20 years. What species are you interested in targeting? There are some great spots for Tarpon and Snook which I can direct you to. I also have some secret Bonefish spots that I can tell you of but those will cost you!

Tony C.

madcaster

Jun 2, 2002
Tony

I will fish for them all. I know of the Bass in the resevoirs, and the usual beach runners ie 'cudas and jacks. Tarpon is one I've fished for but never caught so that would be a prime target. Snook and Bones too. I know to try the rivermouths, but I was hoping for more detailed locations. Any plans for you to be down there over the holidays?

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Try the River Haina. Just hire a local and his Yola and cruise the port area. Tons of Snook(5-15lb class with some Larger) and Small Tarpon is not uncommon. I use mainly dark colored Clausers Minnows as the water in the river is dark from the tanin. A strong outgoing tide is the best.
Bring as much equipement as you an carry as Fly-fishing supplies are next to impossible to obtain in the DR.
I'll be in SD next week. Haven't decided if I will be there during the Holidays this year yet.
Tony C.

jove808

Oct 7, 2002
fishing

Hey guys,
I will be in the DR Punta Cana on the 6th of Dec.
I would also like to do a little Tarpon or snook fishing as well as salt water for whatever is biting.
Please let me know if you have found out anything IE: phone numbers, places.....
Tight lines and screaming reels to ya!

Thanks

Michael