Security

Sapphire&Pearl

Sep 30, 2002
I have asked this question in another thread but I didn?t get a satisfactory response. My question stems from a quote from another poster:
.... and SUPPOSE the security guards arrested her for being with a dominican guy on the beach...
I am seriously planning a trip with 2 girlfriends to the DR and if this is something that is a common occurrence, for security purposes we would really like to be informed.

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Trust me Sapphire & Pearl this is not a common occurrence. I own a villa in Cabarete, I am a woman and I have stayed there many times alone. The Securidad do not hassle people just because of the mix. Something else was going on. Be confident and say No Gracias when you need to. Just a wee bit of a tip!!!

Lee-Lee

Oct 17, 2002
let me clarify something...

obviously they can't arrest you for being with a local!!! i think there was a misunderstanding.... if you're staying in an all inclusive resort at the playa dorada complex in puerto plata (that is the only one i can speak for since that is where i stayed... and that was the general rule we heard from everyone that worked there)... an employee of a resort cannot be kickin it (ie: not allowed to be brought back to the room) with a visitor staying at a resort.

anyone that passes these rules... visitors from other resorts cannot be brought back into your resort. then again, i heard other resorts are visitor friendly.

what happened to my friend happened because they were on a different resort's beach (both were tresspassing)...

hope that clarifies stuff a tad bit

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Girls
Im no expert but working in Playa Dorada for nigh on 14 years qualifys me to answer the following
1.No all inclive is vesitor friendly unless you register and pay for the visistor
2Arrest on the hotels beach,BULLSHIT,thats a sankys story and his way of trying to get money,beaches are public domain anyone may use them,just not enter resort property
3 Hotel employees can date who they wish just not on hotel property,or during work hours
Have a good trip,stay away from dark spots where you could be robbed or worse the same as anywhere in the world
If you want to get laid choose non all inclusive resorts for your stay or rent a cabana for a night,i recomend cabanas Nueva York,better than most hotels on the north coast:cool:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Thank you Johnny: ALL the beaches in the DR are public domaine. The public has access to them all.

As for the other stuff, well, I'll just file that away...

HB" :)

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Just a little update Cabanas Nueva York has a cheaper section on the same grounds Burbujas de amor,good quality value also:cool: Closer to home HB you can try Villas Flor near the pescaderia in Maimon 180 rd 4 hours normal jacuzi suite 250,or Sensations near the zona franca Costambar 200 ,300 jacuzi ask for suite 4 or 12 you will enjoy:bandit:

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
Hillbilly said:
Thank you Johnny: ALL the beaches in the DR are public domaine. The public has access to them all.

As for the other stuff, well, I'll just file that away...

HB" :)

Legally perhaps, but not in practice. Access is restricted via private property (dock, rocks, pier, wall, etc.) and enforced in at least two beaches that I know of. I suppose one could arrive by boat or swimming.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Again, in theory, there must be public access to the beaches...At our place, we have left a small walk path between two establishments...no big deal, since there are never many people there..

HB

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
Casa de Campo? Their beach is in the center of their huge private property. Rocks and cliffs on both sides of the beach. I know they don't have a public access path. If they did, it would be very long and go through the golf course and the airport if it came from the east.

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Jim
I have used the beach at casa de campo,it has no access unless you walk with some difficulty over rough terrain however its not a great beach,i have also seen some dominicans there who werent staying in c de c however most prefer Bayahibe beach.
I assume the second beach is at the hamaca in Boca Chica,I worked there a couple of years and you are right the security keeps locals off by a wall.Idont know how they get away with it,the law on this is clear about beaches,maybe abribe