Aventura in Toronto this Saturday!!!!!

debs

Jun 10, 2002
First, I just wanted to say that Tono Rosario was amazing! There was a pretty good turn out of folks at the event and all had a wonderful time. I have pics from the night and will post a link to them when I get them uploaded to my computer.

If you missed Tono, you might want to check out Aventura this Saturday (Nov. 9). It's being held at the Regal Constellation hotel by the airport. It's a really nice set up. They have a large dance floor and plenty of tables set up for those who wish to sit and watch the action.

Gonzaga and I are meeting in the lobby of the hotel at 7:00pm, so if any of you are interested in joining us let us know!

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
I will be there!!

Along with 3 other friends, including my friend from the Dominican Republic, woohoooo!!!!!!!

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Debs, what did you think of To?o's performance? And more importantly, what did you think about HIS HAIR?? I nearly fell over laughing when he came out on stage.

I have to admit that Golo's words ran through my head several times during the show. I was expecting a little more energy from TR. Not a lot more, mind you....My husbad told me that several years ago, TR said he wouldn't do any more dance party type shows, strictly "concert" type appearances.

The weirdest moment of the night came when he was presented with an award, supposedly from the Dominican gov't....Did he get one of those in Toronto too?

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Debs,

I'm trying to get a few other friends to join us, I will know by the end of the week. I really had a great time on Saturday and thanks for coming.

Jane,

I seen Tono's picture posted earlier and his hair was no surprise to me. His performance was great, and I go see him again anytime. Golo remarks did not cross my mind at allllllllllllll.

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Jane J. said:
Debs, what did you think of To?o's performance? And more importantly, what did you think about HIS HAIR?? I nearly fell over laughing when he came out on stage.

Jane - I'd never seen any pics of him until I saw the promo posters in the hotel. He didn't look how I expected at all and I wasn't too crazy about his wardrobe choice or the hair. He also could have had a little more enthusiasm and I noticed him looking at his watch several times, but other than that we had a great time!

I was really impressed with the group that opened for him. I'm looking forward to seeing them again next week.

Gonzaga - Looks like with Meredith's friends and yours that we'll have a full table. Make sure you bring a cute single one for me ;)

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
I wasn't too crazy about his wardrobe choice
He reminded me of a Dominican Bono, with these little orange striped pants and funny glasses. He also made me laugh when he would ask the crowd "D?nde est? mi corito aqu??" and then everybody would scream. Needy much? Also, it took him a LONG time to warm up before he actually started singing. The first song consisted of him mumbling "incend?o" over and over again, only with an occasional "whoo", every now and then.

Don't get me wrong though - we had a great time also. I'll post my photos too when I get them back.