Punta Cana car rental

davej

Nov 3, 2002
Hi,
Yet another question for you wise guys to answer! Whats the average price of car rental in that area? And does anyone know of any reasonable firm to use?
Hotel is quoting me Avis at $70US a day! Just got back from Tobago and was only paying $30US a day. Not that I'm a tight git or anything! but i'd like to travel around under my own steam at some p[oint and want to find the cheapest offers.
Thanks for your considerable wealth of information and i look forward to reading some helpful replies.
Dave

earosemena

Aug 18, 2002
I've done considerable research and I haven't found any reasonable car rental rates in Punta Cana. My solution may not be for you. I'm flying into Las Americas and renting in the area. I have a very reliable car rental there that I've used b4 where I can rent for $us35/day including insurance. Of course you have the drive and the gas. A note on the drive. You'll hear horror stories about driving in the DR and a lot of them are true. But the roads from the SD airport to Higuey are more than adequate and from Higuey to PC ok. You must drive defensively in DR and be very alert, but I've done it several times and actually enjoyed it.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Car Rental

I stopped by the Avis Car Rental today. It is new to the Bavaro area, near Plaza Caney and Banco Reservas. A sub-compact goes for about US $30 a day, the price does not include taxes or insurance. The hotel that was quoting you $70 a day, may have based it upon the cost a higher grade car and their commission, if they are booking the car rental for you. Regards, PJT