PC Airport TO Barcelo Bavaro Complex??...

TreasureMarc

Oct 22, 2002
www.freeyellow.com
What stop is the Barcelo Beach Resort on the Bus transfer list or is it chaper to taxi it there, quicker and/or how much does it cost???

Thanks 19 days and counting..first trip!!

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Taxi please

A taxi is best from the airport and quicker, approximately 15 min and about 8 miles. airport to Barcelo reception. I do not know the exact cost of the taxi fare from the airport. My response is similar to a previous post, do not expect to pay less than 100 pesos.

The public buses, gua-guas, run infrequently by the airport and if you do use them you would most likely have to change at the Beron crossroad for a bus going by the Bavaro Complex. The competition for available bus seats at the crossroad is heavy, a lot of the resort workers come from Higuey and they fill the buses, leaving the Beron locals waiting for a bus that can harbor them and it seems to never go by. Also the buses do not accomodate luggage very well. Once you arrive at Barcelo the bus would drop you at the gate and you would have to walk at least a half km from the gate to reception unless they opt to send up a transport to assist you. Cost about 20-30 pesos and hour(s) of heat and frustration.

Barcelo has a great complex and beach, enjoy your stay. Regards, PJT

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Re: Taxi please

PJT said:
The public buses, gua-guas, run infrequently by the airport and if you do use them you would most likely have to change at the Beron crossroad for a bus going by the Bavaro Complex.

Well, I think he is talking about the transfer bus provided by his touroperator. If this is the case the transfer is for free, comfortable and does not take more than 20 minutes.

TreasureMarc

Oct 22, 2002
www.freeyellow.com
Yes, I was talking about the tour operator transfer bus, was asking if it is better to take a taxi than the transfer bus to the Barcelo Prison Complex..I mean the Barcelo Hotel Complex(thinking of Guatamino Bay Cuba)as i have read here before that this paricular bus takes all tourists to the different hotels on the Bavaro Strip and which number for dropoff is the Barcelo Complex? Are you al saying that it is one of the first stops on this bus route(Barcelo Complex)? or is it better to take a taxi?
I have been reading that you have the option of either paying for as baggage guy to carry your luggage from Punta Cana airport to your transfer bus for a small fee? can we not hold on to or luggage on the transfer bus, I am only bringing one samll caryon and one meium checked baggage.

Thanks!!

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Marc, depending on how big your tour operator is, it is very likely that at least one full bus load will go directly to the Barcel? Resort.
Worst case could be that they go the Cabeza de Toro area first and than it would take you around 45 minutes to get to your resort.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Is your time worth 100 pesos?

Which is a whole 5 bucks US now, take a cab if you want to beat the crowd to registration desk or go on the bus with the other passengers and go where it goes. A great strategy actually even if you have a bus as there is always one gringo with luggage trouble, customs issues, etc. and the whole magilla waits for the one dude.

If a whole vacation hinges on 5 skins one way or the other, it shouldn't.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
by all means take a cab, but please tell the tour operator at the airport first. otherwise, they will wait the bus for you unnecessarily, as they do keep track of the number of passengers they should have on board.

mob,
speaking from experience

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Taxi,

I asked a taxi driver yesterday about the fare and he responded it is about US $20 or RD $300. The exchange rate is ranging about 18 ? 21 pesos to the dollar. Quick math will tell you to pay in pesos, if you have them. Also, if you opt for taxi service, make sure you and the taxi operator agree on the fare before getting in the cab. Note: the fares should be posted in the area near the taxi stand, adjacent to the airport passenger exit.

TreasureMarc and Mido, about the confusion about the bus transfer. I understood the question as being an option between public bus or taxi. I think of prearranged transport from the airport as an airport transfer rather than a bus transfer, another one of those semantic things. Regards, PJT

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Re: Is your time worth 100 pesos?

ricktoronto said:
...Which is a whole 5 bucks US now,....

If time is the main issue, yes, take a cab. The fare is not RD$100 but RD$400, equivalent of US$20.

Have a nice vacation!!!