Bavaro Palace, Punta Cana

R

Roland

Has anyone stayed at the Bavaro Palace? How did you like it? Is there anything to do in Punta Cana outside of the hotel grounds? Any information will be very helpful. Thanks!

D

DR One

Take the four wheel bike tour of the Punta Cana-Bavaro-Macao beach area. Also take the excursion to Saona Island and to Altos de Chav?n. If you have the time, take a day trip and visit Santo Domingo, the 3 million people capital city of the DR, site of the year 2003 Pan American Sports Games, the same ones that will take place this year in Winnipeg. Also note, Santo Domingo is the first city of the New World and has the first cathedral, and many more firsts.

M

Marleen

Just came back from Punta Cana Stayed at the Iberostar. i would recommend staying at your resort. Almost any place you might chose to go Is quite a long ride by bus. Most of what you will see ils poverty and filth and you will get a lunch that is no doubt not as good as that which you will miss at the resort. This aside I did hear that Manatee Park is nice as is the monster truck trip. We went to the Sanoa Island by bus and boat. Forget it.

Resort life is wonderful

Marleen

V

VONNIE

can u tell me if bavaro is in the east coast and if is do u have a phone #.. thank u vonnie

M

Meg

We will be staying at the Bavaro Palace in Mid April (9-16). I've got a few questions if anyone can help... Is it still peak season at this time of the year? Will the hotel be full? Do we need converters for electrical appliances? Is it hard to get reservations at the restaurants in the complex? How are the rooms. They look nice in the brochure, but I've heard they're small. Any help with these questions would be appreciated.

T

Trudy

We stayed at the Bavaro Beach which is part of the Bavaro complex. They use the same kind of electrical outlets as we do in the States. There was a brand new hair dryer in our bathroom with 3 speeds. Also they provide you with shampoo, conditioner, liquid & regular soap, tissues, sewing kit, etc. The white towels in the room are replenished daily (no washcloths so bring your own) and the green towels for the beach are available on carts by the elevators. Our room was very clean, very functional and had a balcony with a view to die for. Getting a reservation at any restaurant for any night at any time was as easy as going to the front desk and asking. No hassle, no lines - we tried them all. There are sit down and buffets at each resort with a large menu in which to choose. Enjoy!

N

Nancy

Where did you get the brochure with pictures? We will be staying at the Palace in June. If there is an e-mail address to request brochures could you forward it on to me. thanks

M

Meg

To be quite honest, I can't seem to get back to the site I found when I e-mailed my request. However, you can fax a request (I got one this way also) to the following fax number: (809) 686-5859. It will only take about ten days until you receive the brochure. It's worth the wait, the pictures make it look amazing. According to Trudy it is. My only concern is that we'll get sick. I'll post a review upon our return.