Bad News

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I have not done much posting recently and decided it was time to share why. A couple of years ago I fought a bout with cancer. Everything has looked good until recntly. Another mass showed up but when biopsied it showed negative. That was several months ago. It has continued to grow and we decided to test it again...the cancer has returned.

From what the Drs. say, if it has nor spread to the liver etc. it may be curable. It will mean more radiation, chemo and possibly a major operation to remove my tailbone. If it has spread it is terminal. I am looking at it as NOT.

I ask all those who believe in the power of prayer for you to include me. Those of you who don't, kind thoughts are accepted. Its like I told a Bhuddist friend...I am a non denominational prayer taker...hindu, bahai, rosicrucian, catholic, protestant, it doesn't matter. I plan on beating this and with the power of Prayer and Damn Good Doctors I believe I will.

In the meantime, I will continue to participate in DR1 and contribute when and where I can. I have also set a goal of being in the DR at the end of March for Carol Morgan's 75th anniversary.

Lilsam, together we will survive...you continue in my thoughts. Hope you are better.

jbhermes

Sep 10, 2002
prayer

Oh my gosh...I'm speechless. You are definitely in my prayers. You WILL beat this. I'm so so sorry...

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
El Jefe, you'll be in my prayers. Hang tight and keep us posted. Regards, PJT

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
My thoughts and prayers are with you during these difficult times. What you really need right now is to have positive thoughts and lots of faith that you will make it through this. I applaud you on your courage to share such heart-breaking news with us. Best of luck:)

DR_DEFENDER

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I'll pray for you and I'll pass the word to all my friends also. Think possitive always...it really helps. My mom just went throuygh a bout with breast cancer. We tease her now about having 1 boob and losing some weight. PMA..possitive mental attitude!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
OMG Carl. I will pray very hard for you but you must fight this. As Jan said possitive attitute. You will fight this I know you can. My daughter's mother-in-law just found out she has breast cancer and it looks bad. We are telling her the same thing. Fight because we want you around for a long time.

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
El Jefe: Hang in there man!. I'll talk to my Buddy. Seems like He should listen...He has in the past.
And I might, nah, I will leave my hillbilly hovel and visit you in SDQ.
Be good, stay well.

HB

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
Chief,

Just go after it, get it done and make it look like a piece of cake!

You will be ok.

Pavan

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
The mind is a powerful thing...

The first time I had a baby, I was young-ish and scared and although it went *alright*, it got really hairy and out of control at times. The second time (2yrs ago next week!) I seriously prepared myself mentally beforehand (a lot) and really dealt with the pain in a different way when the time came. Also visualization is a powerful tool...

I read something about Olivia Newton-John using visualization for her chemo sessions (also breast cancer) - she would visualize the rays healing her and all the bad stuff leaving her body. She beat it.

I really DO believe in mind over matter. Be strong and positive and, not to go all Oprah, but live your best life!

:)

Last edited:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hi Carl,
I'll have a chat with ALL the religious MegaGods that service MY needs on your behalf - I am sure one or more will listen!!! As others have said, hang on in there & be strong - you have our best wishes for a speedy & FULL recovery.

In case it helps & has not yet been considered by your doctors, I saw a program on Cable the other night where a young man of 16 pr so having been HEAVILY loaded with cancer for most of his life, was operated on to remove the malignant tumour from his liver area. The Doctors then seperated out the little "self repair" cells that fight cancer (too few & too weak in him to be trully effective) & multuplied them in a rapid growth environment. The reconstituted cells were made into a saline drip & put back into him & within 9 months he was not only out of his death bed, but playing football & other games that he loved!! Hope this might be a solution (sorry for the pun) for you - have a word with you docs. on the subject!!

Again - best wishes for a full recovery - Grahame.

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
El Jefe,

Creer es poder! Add me to the list of those praying
for you. After yesterday's Republican takeover of the
Senate I know he's listening to me.

God Bless,

Moca

AtlantaBob

Jan 2, 2002
Jefe,

We're thinking about you and praying for you over here in Georgia too. Keep the faith! Doctors can do some amazing things these days, and the good Lord can do a whole lot Himself.
Buena suerte, amigo,
Bob

Pepe

Jan 1, 2002
Hang in there, Jefe.

Cancer's no longer a death sentence. My aunt was declared terminal about three years ago, she's still here. We joke she's just faking it in order to get all the attention.
Positive thinking is the clue.

Best wishes.

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Jefe,

You will be in my prayers. My wonderful sister- in-law is a survivor of throat cancer just a year ago. Prayers and great support from her husband, children, and our family, along with her strong determination to beat it. I thank God for keeping her with us and I'm sure he's by your side all the way.