Looking for an au-pair student or nanny in the US

Globetrotter

Feb 3, 2002
After living in a latin country, we are back in the US, and I am looking for an au-pair hispanic student or a spanish-speaking nanny to live with us so that my kids can continue to practice their spanish. Student candidate must be female, between 20 and 35. Nanny could be older. The person must be already on US soil or able to come by her own means. She will be required to drop the kids at school and pick them up. So, she must have a driver's license or be able to obtain one in the US. A car (with gas, of course!) will be provided and she can use it to for her personal errands (to a reasonable extent, no out-of-state trips). Room and board will be provided. Salary is net of taxes and would range between US$800 and $1400 per month, payable on the 15th and 30th/31st of each monthMost people do not get that much in net after paying taxes to Uncle Sam, and paying for the place where they live and their food. She is not required to do any chores on saturday and sunday, although she may still, during these days, live in the room provided to. The pay is not humongous, but reasonable.
No need to worry about sexual harassment: there are no male in the house. I am a single mother with 2 kids (ages 10 and 7)
Interested should contact me at gnathan4504@hotmail.com.
Only genuinely interested people or people who know candidates that fit the profile need to reply. I hope someone will!

Regards

Globetrotter

Feb 3, 2002
I would pay for the relocation either if the person is already in the US, but in another state, or outside of the US. But I am not willing to give them a visa or sponsor them. My sister sponsored a lady from another caribbean country, and gave her a G-5 visa. That nanny ran away 4 months later, leaving my sister in troubles both on a personal level and at work, because she had gotten the visa for her through our employer.

To your question, I live in Rockville (Maryland) in the Norbeck Estates area. It's a quiet neighborhood. The person would have her own room in a large single-family house, with an inground pool (not much useful now, but quite appealing during the summer).