The Great Presidential Airplane Caper

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
The greatest corruption case ever in DR has just erupted after a week of covering up the reasons. The Presidential credit card issued by Baninter for use by President Hipolito Mejia in his trips abroad and locally, has been used by his own staff( at this time being investigated his chief of security Colonel Pepe Goico, his inseparable companion, among others) to commit the most lucrative fraud.

It appears from the preliminary investigations that Hipolitos crew not only used the credit card to pay hotels, meals, car rentals and for the president,s shopping, but that these group bought luxury cars in DR and abroad, yatchs, luxury apartments, houses, weapons for personal use and other luxury items. Cash money was also withdrawn and shipped abroad.The amounts are so great as to escape reality!!! No black hole in our galaxy can absorb so much cash. We are talking about, for starters, $40,000,000 dollars!!!!!

If something like this ever happened in the United States or any country in Europe, the president would have resigned by now. But knowing our country, this whole affair will be cleanly laundered to show that the President was used, and his reponsibility denied. If the Bank had not warned the President this could have gone on for the next two years. Yet Baninter found this out back in September, yet it is now when action has been taken by raiding the Presidential plane and helicopter.

God save us from the PRD government and its corrupted officials.

TW

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Hi TW,

please could you name a source for this information, something like a newspaper article or similar?

Thank's Mido

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
I cant tell you my sources---

But the newspapers are hiding the details so far due to government pressure, but the fire under all this is as powerful as a supernova in actual explosion, and the government will not be able to keep this under tabs.

There are not one, but several key military aides to Hippo, who were all hired by his Chief of the Guard. One of the officers was never in the military, but always a civilian, who worked for Baninter, the bank involved, and later recruited into the armed forces by the leader of the palace gang. Most if not all were enlisted in the Navy, which is why the chief investigator is the Inspector General of the Navy. The execution of this major fraud was almost an inside bank job, due to the bank experience of these gangsters.

Pepe Goico, hippos most trusted man and military aide has now been jailed, deposed as an officer from his post and under strict guard and questioning by the most powerful army people. This is no joke my friend. Read my lips.

This is our FUJIMORI!!!! It is now being called "The Pepegate" out in the streets. People.....go out in the streets and see what is really going on with this government. Chicagos Mayor Daleys days and Miamis Cuban mayoral mafia from the past are here in DR.

TW

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
DR1 News carried the story. It was, however, vox populi for several days before breaking. And it is logical
1) Hippo's weathy-beyond-dreams backer, Ramon Baez Figueroa, gave Hippo the card. It came from his bank., BanInter
2) However, it was not RBF that did the checking on the vouchers as they came into the bank for payment. This was done by minions of the bank, and they have large mouths, especially with something as juicy as this.
3) The bank refused to pay 16RD$ million in charges as "obviously false claims" as stated by bank authorities. RD$24 million were covered by the credit card insurors against fraudulent(?) use.
4) You can be sure that the Credit Card agency-VISA, MC or whichever- yelled like hell when they saw this and BanInter was in a very tight and embarassing spot.
5) However, like the scoppion that bites the hand that takes it out of the drowning pool, a banker is first a banker and then a friend, (Like the scorpion, he can't help himself, the scorpion bites; the banker watches his money-it is Nature). RBF, had to tell Hippo that his man was a thief.
6) Yet, days before, the minions were gossiping about all of this and "ears" heard about it and it became fodder for all of the talk shows, morning noon and evening and late night...there was no way to spin it...
7) RBF owns most of the TV and Radio stations and newspapers., but not all of them and people heard and people talked...and people printed...Why? Because a lot of people don't like him or Hippo.

I agree 100% with GOLO....they will try to put it under cover, but this will rival US Grant's administration or Warren Harding's ...
Nixon lied, so did Johnson, but they didn't steal, not like this....

HB

Last edited:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Where is that poster who recently was incensed about the Catholic Church not giving Hippo and his government the credit due them for their efforts to wipe out corruption?

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
From far away....and only using information gathered over the internet...it has been clear to me that this DR goverment has been stealing lots of money....when I looked at the original US$500Million bond sale over 6 months ago, it was blatantly obvious that at least half of that money was stolen...it was all there in black and white at the official goverment web sites..what we see now and will see in the future is exactly HOW they have been pocketing the money.... I am truly sick to my stomach when I hear all this... what can be done, I dont know....but I hope that those party to the Mejia Mafia get whats coming to them.

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
I'm confused. Is it his people that were stealing, or is it the consensus that Mejia himself is involved? The posts imply Hipolito did not know, was not part of this, and now he has jailed his right hand man who I assume was also a friend. They also imply Hipo IS still fighting corruption - even if it involves his closest people. So why call it the Mejia Mafia if he is not involved in the corruption, and if he is involved in the corruption, why jail his man?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I think people call it "Mejia Mafia" due to the fact that he personally appointed some of the people involved. Some of the corruption is so blatant and obvious to all it's scary.
Just look at some of the loans, the electricity contracts, the railway etc etc.

Turning a blind eye is as good as indorsing it...

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
What worries me is that so many people are still convinced that this party, with it's present incumbent as President, is still GOOD for the country. What can we, the thinking populace, do to get the message across to the masses, that we need an honest & honourable set of Senators/Congress people, to elected to Government? Are there such people from within the country? How do we persuade them to join the political parties & get voted to power?? Hence my responses to your recent 'Questionaire' Robert. How can DR1 &/or it's posters, make a concertive effort to make constructive changes in the way this country is Governed? Count me in on the "DR1 party" for 2008!!!! HB for President or should it be Golo??? Maybe PIB, she could be the ist woman President IF Milagra doesn't make it in 2004!!!

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
BushBaby

I respectfully decline the nomination for president of the Dominican Republic. I quit politics in the 70's. I was the Secretary for Legal Issues for the PRD party in New York. Most of my team members in the party cell went on to become high PRD officials, including Winston Arnaud. I resigned the minute Pe?a Gomez became Party Secretary. I could not accept a Haitian as my party leader. I also found myself too much to the left of the part, which was turning then what it is today, a conservative job seeking machine.

If I ever became president I would not last two weeks in power. Either the military or the industrial sector would get rid of me. I learned politics the right way.

What shames most Dominicans is Hipolito's lack of shame and his "I wash my hands attitude". He has proven to be the most ineffective president and one who, for all his supposed administrative skills, has shown a lack of control over his cabinet and aides. How can this man pretend to manage $1000 million dollars in bonds when he cannot manage his own credit card?

As to Ramon Baez Figueroa, his stock as an banker has gone downhill because of this major cover-up.

TW

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
CNN reports quantifying the fraud at an estimated RD$300-million on the basis of the goods and merchandise confiscated.

But, I have a feeling it will all get swept under the carpet after a week or two. It's up to the media to keep the pressure on.

I'm sure some members of the PRD are not happy, especially with the amount of money involved and they didn't get a cut... or did they?

Yes, this is the tip of the ice-berg!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
My point Golo was not what Hipolito (or the PRD) have done to the countrey's economy, or what they have not done for the people of the country, nor what the PRSC or PLD would do in similar situations, it was what WE can do to have an influence on the future of the country. How do WE get the message to the voting Dominican poplulace as to what is ACTUALLY happening & what the implications are, so that they can use their votes to ensure better control of the country's finances?

You that have a vote, have a chance (albeit small) to make your point at the ballot box, we who are not yet citizens of the DR need a means of communicating to that voting populace. What is the best media for this? Can DR1 have any effect? Does it WANT any influence?

Perhaps I ought to start with the question "Is anyone out there INTERESTED in telling the Government what it wants to see happening in the country?" "Is anyone interested in trying to influence the voting masses?" - Grahame.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
BushBaby,

We email just under 12,000 people daily and are read online by 2,500+ daily.

Our email list (20% local subscribers) has almost every major businessman and influential individual here in the DR. We email all the embassies, consulates and associations etc.

We are trying to do our bit...

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Golo is the man when it comes to inside politics. I have met Hipolito up close with his aids. Believe me, these guys wear shirts which can cost close to 500 dollars a piece. His coronels are well dressed and decorated with medals down to their asses. I have seen hipo take out a huge bundle of 1000 pesos bills and hand out each bill to the poor and the desperate folks just for asking. All his coronels and his aids drive latest models of fully loaded SUVs. Even the wives of his group drive late model SUVs and use government cell phone. Oh the cell phones: they even gift the government cell phones to their family and friends. This means you make all the calls in the world and pay nothing. The government picks up the tab. I have used those phones to call all over DR and USA. The person even brags to everyone in the restaurant that his phone is free. Even the people from next table used his phone to make phone calls within DR to other cells and talked for a while.
Most of Hipo's party members supported them (PRD) in the elections (working like slaves) in return for better jobs and properties at dirt cheap prices. The PRD members resemble a mafia family. They are arrogant and dangerous. If they are your friends, you can get away with murder in this country and enjoy everything this country has to offer...all for free or at dirt cheap prices.
How do you think I get to go away on weekends to resorts / private villas with private swiming pools etc and hi-class parties for free? My friends are fully ingrained in the PRD party and they act like the big shots where-ever they go. No one can question their authority or come in their way.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If what you say is true "AZB",you are noting more than a PRD "WHORE"!

An Ungrateful "Whore" as well! You take the benefits,then condem your benefactors?(The PRD Mafia) That is really a "Low-Life" practice.I though that you were more honorable! Well,at least you realize that you are running with thieves,poor Jim Hinsch still think that "Hipolito" is an honest man! Come on Jim,you know the old dominican saying:Show me your friends,and I'll tell you who you are"! "Hipolito" can't plead ignorance about every incidence of corruption in his administration."Pepe" is a "Lambonaso Gigante"! When the "Prez" takes a "DUMP","Pepe" was the one with the "Royal Toilet Paper"! Please,wake up and smell the "Stench"! Tom....PS,Balaguer stole more from the famous"Water Project",1 Billion US!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Yes I am a PRD whore. This is the way to get things done in DR. You think, you alone can change the way dominicans do business on daily basis? Like they say, go with the flow or drown. No, I don't like what they are doing to this country, but I am not going to go against them and get crushed. No sir, I am happy to be kissing PRD's asses and living a good life. Maybe next election time around, I might be good friends with another leading party. Who knows.... life goes on in DR.

domerican

Oct 9, 2002
AZB,
I got goose bumps reading your post and then your reply to Criss. It's your "type" of attitude that has this country the way it is.

I do not mean to judge you (and your thoughts), for I do not know you. However, generally speaking, if everyone has the same attitude as you (and the whole friggin PRD party seems to), it's no wonder this country can't due away with corruption.

Yes, life does go on.... but it is up to each individual to make a change starting with his or her own persona.

Live life to the fullest, but don't use the pitiful excuse that if everyone does this or that "It must be o.k. for me to do it (regardless of it being wrong or right).

DON'T JUST GO WITH THE FLOW - MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

"Just my dos centavos".

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
I have no opinion on the honesty of Hipolito. I don't have the info to have an opinion on that. It isn't looking good though.

I liked the projects that were announced by his administration. Those were the correct things to do to pull the country ahead, including the loans needed to pay for them. Now if the money gets stolen, squandered, and the projects don't come to fruition, that's a separate issue.

All of us have had a scumbag friend from time to time, or at least worked with one, or we have had friends that thought WE were questionable. Hipolito is jailing his own corrupt people. That's a start. We'll see. Maybe he's a crook, maybe not. But he IS responsible. I'd say that he should step down, but I have nothing that tells me his replacement would be better.

People during his election said he was an idiot, not too bright. Maybe that's the case then, and he didn't know and he was just inexperienced, naive, his administration sucks, and/or he isn't too bright. Not good, but not character flaws. Let's reserve judgement at least until the initial investigation report is made public.

Last edited: