For the vacationpeople...

Poetin

Oct 29, 2002
www.gamers4ever.net
Hey folks,

Just out of curiosity. When you go on vacation to DR, how much time do you usually spend there? I mean, do you take a 2 week vacation or a 3 week vacation?

Sidenote: I'll be around in DR somewhere at the end of June or first week of July. I think I'll take 3 weeks this time.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
1 week to 8 days , 6 times per year

Depends on long weekends, vacation days but pretty well every 2nd month - from a few days less than a week to 12 days last trip.

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Two weeks, and still not enought, gets very expensive if you stay longer at an All Inclusive resort paying single supplement.

Rosanie

Sep 20, 2002
Being self-employed the summer months are usually not busy for me so I tend to go for about 6 - 8 weeks. any other time of year I usually go for 3 weeks at a time. To make it cheaper, I rent an apartment and cook my own food.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
3-6 months depending on how "needed" hubby is at our business and how much other "work" he has to do!
Doesn't look like we'll make it until after Christmas this year so it'll be a 3-4 month stay this time!

Poetin

Oct 29, 2002
www.gamers4ever.net
Wow, well, I've been to DR for 9 days this time and it was really not enough. There is so much to see, so much to do. The trips from the Netherlands are also some damn expensive. I've paid 1000E for this 9 days (effective 7 days + 2 days transit). But the most funny part is that if I would book 3 weeks (something like 24 days) then it would cost me between 1400E and 1600E.

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
Longest 3 months, shortest 2 weeks, usual approximately 5-6 weeks.
But I recommend to stay for as long as your money will last!!

Last edited:

Poetin

Oct 29, 2002
www.gamers4ever.net
That would be, considering my spendingpattern, for about 5 weeks... :) On the other hand, I'm limited by my employer with a maximum of 6 weeks vacation per year. Sad, isn't it? ;)

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Yeah Poetin real sad.Man speaking as a person who has busted my hump for over 30 years and never had a job with six weeks vacation i have a hard time sympathising with europeans who start with 6 weeks vacation at 20 years old.Poetin this is just an observation cause I sure as hell wish Canadians and Americans had this benefit .Ido believe Europeans are way ahead on this one keeps your people fresh and prevents burn outs.:confused:

Poetin

Oct 29, 2002
www.gamers4ever.net
Ouch, I feel kind off sorry for you Senor Honda. However, I wish also for some things which we don't have in Europe. For one it's the freaking expensive life we have.
Imagine that you are in the BK in the USA. What I've heard from people who have actually been there is that the Double Whopper meal is almost 3 times as big as in Europe and the price is lower than in Europe. Cigarettes, booze, electronics, vacations and pretty much everything else is so damn expensive. 2.5 weeks ago I was in Sosua. I've spent there around 700E and did the stuff I wanted to do without worrying that somehow my cashflow could be cut off.

Example: Rent-a-jetski in DR: 500 DR$, in Turkey (don't let them fool you, this countries is almost a copy of Europe): 1000 DR$ and in the Netherlands: between 1200 DR$ and 2000 DR$ (if you're unlucky)!

I hate to mention it, but there was a reason why God parted Europe from North America...

PS: just for the record I'm 22 y/o (april 1980)