Muslim In The Dominican Republic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinmanbx

Nov 8, 2002
I AM AN AMERICAN MUSLIM MARRIED TO A DOMINICAN. IT HAS BEEN MY PLEASURE TO VISIT THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC ON MANY OCCASIONS. I CAN TRULY SAY I LOVE THE COUNTRY AND PEOPLE VERY MUCH!!!!! THE ONLY BAD EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN (SINCE 9-11) THE TREATMENT OF SOME OFFICIALS AT THE AIRPORTS WHEN I PRESENT MY PASSPORT. "WHAT IS YOUR COUNTRY OF BIRTH?", I REPLY "USA", THAT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. I AM TOLD TO WAIT BEFORE I BOARD THE PLANE OR GIVEN THE "PAY ME NOW" LOOK. THIS DOES NOT SAY VERY MUCH FOR THE OFFICIALS OR AIRLINE AGENTS WHO ASK THE SAME STUPID QUESTIONS. I HAVE READ ON THE AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL WEB PAGE THAT ALL MUSLIM OR ARABS ARE TO BE QUESTIONED AT THE AIRPORTS IN THE DR. THIS IS VERY HYPERCRITICAL SINCE THE PRESIDENT HAS VISITED THE MUSLIM AFRICAN NATION OF MOROCCO. HOW WOULD THE PRESIDENT OF THE DR FEEL IF HE WAS HARASSED?? I WANT TO TREATED LIKE A HUMAN BEING WHO LOVES ALL PEOPLE, NOT A TERRORIST. IS THIS ASKING TOO MUCH?? IS THERE ANY PLACE I CAN COMPLAIN IN THE DR, DOES ANYONE CARE??? ALSO I HAVE HEARD THERE IS A MASJID (HOUSE OF WORSHIP) IN THE CAPITAL (SANTO DOMINGO). IF ANYONE HAS THIS INFORMATION I WOULD APPRECIATE AN E-MAIL OR REPLY!!!!

S

SDecatur

I'm stepping into deep Kimchee here, but it has been my experience that Dominicans are treated very badly at most Immigration checkpoints, and as far as I know, no Dominican has killed 3,000 people in a terrorist act!

I know it is not politically corrrect, but I am willing to bet that I echo what many westerners think, Muslims will and do receive increased scrutiny since 9/11, so learn to live with it right or wrong, it's unlikley to change in your lifetime. (Notice I said right or wrong, but under the new US Administartion, expect it to only become worse for you..

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It is unfortunate, but any muslim, age 15-45, male or female, will be scrutinized more than once before boarding any aircraft in the western world and in a large part of Asia. You will have to live with it. Once past that scrutiny, you may be able to make friends.

hb, who knows a lot of people that think that a bomb should be dropped and let God (whichever God you want,) sort them out!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
It is a shame this has to be that way. Unfornutely Canada got a lot of heat for being too nice and not scrutinizing more before 9/11.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I agree with the others, tinmanbx, it is an unfortunate consequence of events since 9/11. We are in a time of high alert to terrorism, and the terrorists we are worried about are Muslim. 9/11, the terrible bombing in Bali, the attack on the USS Cole, and many other terrorist attacks were all perpetrated by Muslims.

Did these Muslim terrorist organizations think about the fallout on the vast majority of Muslims?

There is no organized plot, as the extremists claim, among the non-Muslim nations to wipe out Muslims and their religion. The reaction you are experiencing results only from our fear of further terrorists attacks and the inability to tell from appearance whether a Muslim is a terrorist or is as appalled as the rest of us at what is being done by the extremist groups in the name of Islam.

Just being a U.S. citizen who happens to be a Muslim, unfortunately, isn't sufficient because among the known and suspected terrorists are others who were traveling on a U.S. passport. A case in point is the U.S. citizen killed in the recent attack on the car carrying 6 terrorists in Yemen. This same U.S. citizen is reported to be the organizer of the suspected terrorist cell in Buffalo, New York.

This is a difficult time for Muslims living outside of the Muslim world. But I very much hope that you and they will understand the situation, knowing that it isn't directed at you personally but is the consequence of the events that have been occuring all to frequently lately.

If the terrorists were Italian or Eskimos, or any other recognized group of people, the problems you are experiencing would be directed toward them--and many Muslims would very likely be among those with apprehension about the intentions of members of that group.

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I met a Japanese man who was in an American camp when he was younger, just because he was of Japanese descent - after Pearl Harbor. He later served in the Marines, and proudly wore his uniform when stationed in Japan. He is still learning Japanese in his retirement. He seems to be still trying to prove himself.
Unfortunately, we have very few ways of determining if others wish us harm. It's a difficult time for all innocent people.
mk

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
If I'm inconvienced at the border or getting on an airplane because of increased security, too bad, it's better to be safe than sorry. It is unfornutate that innocent muslims and middle eastern people are subject to increased scrutiny at the borders and airports but since the vast majority of terrorist crimes are commited by people from these countries and this religion, so be it. Many Canadians feel hard done by by the racial profiling and what to them is harassment of Canadians of Middle Eastern descent. I for one say;too bad so sad. Although none of the 9/11 terrorists came from Canada or through Canada, I suspect we have a few hiding in our cities, just lke you Americans do. My wife has travelled through the states since 9/11 twice and she is Dominican. She has had no hassles , other than an extra baggage check, big deal. As they say in the DR, No problema.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Having just come back from Europe and Egypt my two cents is that the strictest security measures we encountered were in Egypt!! Now if everyone else followed their lead.....hmmm! Too bad that even there the obvious Arabs were those most closely checked.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Too bad we cant recommend the posts of others. I feel the same way as Sdecator. The only different stance I would take is that I think that it is 100% right for them to do this. If you are between 16-40 you will be scrutinized if you are an ARAB and JUSTLY so. I don't think your NOT having discomfort is worth my safety or of others.

Typing in caps is just plain rude. It is like yelling. You are just whining so no need to yell.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Just came back from Bogota Colombia, they are checking anyone who is of dark color; doesn't even have to be an arab. I was checked once in puerto rico and once in bogota. Surprisingly, I have not been checked in continental USA yet. I was prepared for all this and didn't care. It was pretty quick and organized. My passport was checked by 4 officers in Santiago airport. Finally when My passport was handed to the supervisor, he looked at my face with curiosity. Then I asked him "you don't know me?....I know you....". He then laughed and let me go.
Anyway, the attack in WTC was not carried out by the arabs you bone heads. Arabs don't have the resources to pull something so successfull at such a large scale. If you look at the evidence that is shown by the government, you will see that they don't hold up to criticizism. This 9/11 horrifying act was pulled by non other than you own jewish / isreali mossad agents. CIA was probably also involved. The arabs idiots (who couldn't even fly a cessna 172) were not the ace pilots. They were simply hired to hijack the plane. The planes which crashed on WTC didn't have people inside, they were flown by remote control technology called Global Hawk technology. When all the planes were ordered to land at the nearest airports, those remote controlled planes were already in the air with AA and united airlines painted on them. They took over the routes of the other planes while the 4 planes were ordered to land in a military base somewhere. They were all told to shut off their IDs and land. Maybe the were hijacked at this point or was announced that the planes were hijacked. Thats why they were told to use cell phones to call their relatives. Then they were all boarded in the 4th plane that was shot down in the field of pensylvania. Thats why no black boxes were found or used to extract info. No one is talking about the control tower recording with the pilots etc.If you want more details, I would gladly explainto you the whole simple but a very smart plan that was carried out in such a success. Anyway, keep watching the jewish owned and controlled CNN and the holywood. They make good dummies out of americans like you.
Ok, Jazzcom, cast the first stone.
(oh by the way, afghan war was planned since 1998 and now USA has the green light to attack all the nations which are against Israel for the next 20 yrs....of course financed by your tax money and with the price tag of innocent american blood.)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks for the update from the Al Queda news network, AZBin Ladin

Last edited:

tinmanbx

Nov 8, 2002
THANK YOU ALL (EVEN YOU JAZZCOM). MY REASON FOR SHARING MY COMMENTS WITH YOU IS TO FIND OUT IF THERE IS ANY AGENCY IN THE DR TO WHICH I CAN COMPLAIN IF SOME IDIOT TAKES THIS "SECURITY" MEASURE TO FAR. ALSO I NEED TO KNOW IF ANYONE CAN DIRECT ME TO A MASJID(HOUSE OF WORSHIP) IN SANTO DOMINGO, THERE IS A NEWLY BUILT ONE AND I NEED THE ADDRESS. TO JAZZCOM, I AM NOT WHINING. THIS IS A MESSAGE BOARD, IDEAS AND COMMENTS ARE SHARED HERE. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE WAY I TYPE THEN STAY TRUE TO YOUR NAME, "UGLY, STUPID AMERICAN" . "SECURITY" IN THE DR IS A JOKE TO SAY THE LEAST. I HAVE NEVER SEEN A EUROPEAN BODY SEARCHED OR HARASSED THE WAY DOMINICANS AND OTHER PEOPLE OF COLOR ARE. 9/11 JUST GAVE THE "DEN OF THIEVES" WORKERS, OFFICALS AT DR AIRPORTS MORE POWER TO HARASS A NEW GROUP OF PEOPLE.

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
Not much different than US Customs giving extra scrutiny to long-haired hippy types some type back when looking for illegal drugs except that one can cut their hair of they elect to.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
tinmanbx, there are 3 places in Santo Domingo to worship, and another being built outside the city to the northeast. The primary one is on Avenida Francesa, between Maximo Gomez and Dr Delgado. They have a website which you can find easily.

Contrary to what most of these people want to believe, all Muslims are not dark, and foreign looking, and the nonsensical new security measures put in place cannot and will not detect every Muslim attempting to enter their country. There are many many Muslims who are blond with blue eyes. It doesn't matter to them that Muslims represent 1 of every 7 people on this planet, and that 99.999% of them just want to live their lives in peace without being harassed.

There are many nice places in this world to visit and to go to, who don't care what their visitors look like or where they were born. The USA is not that place.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Gringo carlos is right "there are many nice places in this world to visit and to go to.....usa is not that place".
I am here in atlanta and miserable like the rest of you guys. I hate myself for taking a vacation for 15 days. My father was sick so I came here to spend time with the family. Now the father is better but I am dying from the allergies. In fact, I was so depressed in atlanta that I took a short weekend trip to Bogota, Colombia to find some happiness and excitment. I was supposed to visit paris and then go on to morocco to see my brother but my brother was sent to england for training; thus, my trip got cancelled.
Anyway, IloveDr and missing_dr, get ready for my private trip report to you 2. This is really going to excite you all. Criss, bogota is custom made for your needs. Sorry tinmanbx, i am a born muslim but the western culture has made me as much of a muslim as jazzcom being jewish :)
The bottom line is this: don't worry about the US immigration policies; who the hell wants to go there unless you really have to. I am miserable here and coughing my brains out from allergies. I think I will pay the damn (112 dollar) penelty and change my return date to head back to my sweet wives and my beautiful santiago. By the way, I am a pakistani. Where is your family from?
Have a nice day.
AZB (proud defender of the innocent muslim brothers and enemy of the zionist pigs) :)

S

SDecatur

AZB said:
Just came back from Bogota Colombia, they are checking anyone who is of dark color; doesn't even have to be an arab. I was checked once in puerto rico and once in bogota. Surprisingly, I have not been checked in continental USA yet. I was prepared for all this and didn't care. It was pretty quick and organized. My passport was checked by 4 officers in Santiago airport. Finally when My passport was handed to the supervisor, he looked at my face with curiosity. Then I asked him "you don't know me?....I know you....". He then laughed and let me go.
Anyway, the attack in WTC was not carried out by the arabs you bone heads. Arabs don't have the resources to pull something so successfull at such a large scale. If you look at the evidence that is shown by the government, you will see that they don't hold up to criticizism. This 9/11 horrifying act was pulled by non other than you own jewish / isreali mossad agents. CIA was probably also involved. The arabs idiots (who couldn't even fly a cessna 172) were not the ace pilots. They were simply hired to hijack the plane. The planes which crashed on WTC didn't have people inside, they were flown by remote control technology called Global Hawk technology. When all the planes were ordered to land at the nearest airports, those remote controlled planes were already in the air with AA and united airlines painted on them. They took over the routes of the other planes while the 4 planes were ordered to land in a military base somewhere. They were all told to shut off their IDs and land. Maybe the were hijacked at this point or was announced that the planes were hijacked. Thats why they were told to use cell phones to call their relatives. Then they were all boarded in the 4th plane that was shot down in the field of pensylvania. Thats why no black boxes were found or used to extract info. No one is talking about the control tower recording with the pilots etc.If you want more details, I would gladly explainto you the whole simple but a very smart plan that was carried out in such a success. Anyway, keep watching the jewish owned and controlled CNN and the holywood. They make good dummies out of americans like you.
Ok, Jazzcom, cast the first stone.
(oh by the way, afghan war was planned since 1998 and now USA has the green light to attack all the nations which are against Israel for the next 20 yrs....of course financed by your tax money and with the price tag of innocent american blood.)

Where do you buy the drugs this guy is on?

Status
Not open for further replies.