For those that question everything....

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out"

Who was the first one who thought that the white thing that came from a hen's butt looked edible?

Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp which no decent human being would eat?

Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?

If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a song about him?

Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane?

If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of coconut, why can't he fix a hole in a boat?

Why do people point to their wrist when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

Why does your OB-GYN leave the room when you get undressed if they are going to look up there anyway?

Why does goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They're both dogs!

What do you call male ballerinas?

Why ARE Trix only for kids?

If Wile E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that Acme crap, why didn't he just buy dinner?

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Is Disney World the only people trap operated by a mouse?

Why do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?

Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet Soup?

Why is it that when someone tells you that there are over a billion stars in the universe, you believe them, but if they tell you there is wet paint somewhere, you have to touch it to make sure?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I hope JaneJ corrects me on this one: I "think" that the "Jimmy cracks corn" is about making whiskey in the hills....

Things like Humpty Dumpty and other rhymes do have some historical base in England, or so I have heard.

HB

Like this:When "Yankee Doodle stuck a feather in his cap and called it macaroni," it wasn?t a reference to food. It referred to the Macaroni Club, founded in the mid-18th century, made up of English "dandies" who took on foreign mannerisms and fashions. The song was originally intended to ridicule the American revolutionary troops, but was eventually taken over by them as a marching song.

See JaneJ? I can do it , too!
BANJO.GIF

I found another one! : Little Miss Muffet, who sat on her tuffet, wasn?t fictional as most people believe. She was the daughter of Dr. Thomas Moffett of England?an expert on spiders.

Last edited:

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
If the professor got back to "civilization" he would be able
to the same amount of time alone?

My children like to say that Trix are only for rabbits.

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
Musicqueen said:
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out"

Who was the first one who thought that the white thing that came from a hen's butt looked edible?

And to add to that list, imagine the poor slob who first looked at an oyster on the half shell as a food source!

"Oh yeah, it looks like a slimy 2 ounce booger but I'll bet it is real tasty" :)

Swede

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Jimmy crack corn, an I don't care
Jimmy crack corn, an I don't care
Jimmy crack corn, an I don't caaareee
The master's gone away....

The full lyrics (click here) tell the story of a master's slave who is thrown from his pony and killed. Crack corn was NOT a predecessor to crack cocaine (;)), however a term perhaps derived from a Shenandoah expression meaning "to chitchat".

The master's dead, so basically Jimmy can do whatever he likes and nobody cares.

See JaneJ? I can do it , too!
Welcome to the Dark Side...