Christmas Trees

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
Can we buy an artificial tree down there, or do we need to bring one? We normally just go cut one down! How much would an average 6 foot tree cost? (approximately)

Thanks, Mainer

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I've seen artificial trees around so they should be available. No idea what they cost.

Won't take your 2 kids long to learn that many families give their children presents on January 6, Three Kings Day. Some families give gifts on one or the other, some on both. Not surprisingly, the merchants promote both.

In homes where gifts are given on Jan 6, the children leave something for the camels to eat.

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
My family used to celebrate both. On the 25th we would get gifts from immediate family and then on January 6th it would be from family friends and the rest of the family. I remember cutting grass from our lawn and leaving it under the bed for the camels. ah the gol days:p

Anyways, not sure how much an articial tree would cost but you can find it at one of the big stores in Santo Domingo, can't remember any right now.....

jojocho

Jul 10, 2002
La Sirena has 6 foot trees at around $800 pesos, but you can also find them in Hache, Ferreteria Americana, Plaza Lama, Casa Cuesta etc. There is a wide range of styles and prices, so shop around.

Closer to Christmas you can find natural pines at Hache. Not the type that you're used to though.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
We always buy a natural pine tree. they are shaped and sprayed and smell right for Christmas.... Fairly cheap. No storage problems...

HB

domerican

Oct 9, 2002
I've made the mistake twice by buying a "real" tree at Hache (my hubby keeps insisting). Those things can't be called a x-mas tree, they look like a big painted shrub!

You can get a nice fake tree at Ferreteria Americana, lights attached and all. I forgot the exact price - I'm thinking between 800-1000+ (depending if you get the lights already attached or not).

domerican

Oct 9, 2002
If your just looking for a great smell then you can buy a pine scent for the fake tree. It'll smell just as nice and look much prettier! lol

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Personally I gotta go for the real tree,its just not the same with an artificial tree,pine spray or not,its kind of like kraft dinner or real pasta:cool: