Puerto Plata places to stay

K

Kathy

Hi, I have been to Puerto Plata many times and have just returned home again last week. I would like to go for a couple months in the near future (May and June?). I was wondering if anyone new of any reasonable placed apartments or hotels that could be rented by the month. Also that are safe for a girl to be in alone. Thanks for you help. Kathy

V

VONNIE

kathy i can't help u ,but maybe u can help me.i am looking for cabanas. may i ask u where did u stay? were the rates resonable. I thank u for any help that u may be thank u ivonne

J

JENNIFER

Hi Kathy! Looks like you are a brave girl! I don't think I would want to stay in my home alone for a month-let alone in a different country!(I am not saying anything bad about the DR-but there is crime eveywhere in the world!) I would suggest that you get a hold of a travel agent in your town and see if maybe they could help you out.They must have contacts with Travel agencies in the DR and if there is a property there they could ren out to you! It might be worth a try! Good luck and let me know if I helped you out at all!

S

Stina

Kathy! I'm also a girl who's planning to go to PP for a few months. It won't be possible though before Jan. -00. I think you have to take some risks in life to be alive! If you want to please mail me and we can change experiences. I've been to RD twice so I think you have more to give me than the opposite.

P

Phyllis Sarault

I've been told that the Mountain View Hotel and Lomar Hotel are both good places to stay at a good price. I've been to PP twice, staying on the Playa Dorada Complex at beautiful Hotels; but this time I'm going to stay all around PP like you! Have fun!

T

Tom

I recently spent a couple nights at Lomar, it was only $20USD per night, clean, A/C very nice staff, secure etc. I think they might give you an even better rate for long term.

Tom

J

Janette

I have tickets to go to Puerto Plata this Sun.,, March 28. 5 people. My hotel called yesterday and cancelled my reservations because they are having damage to the hotel due to rain. We are desperate for a place to stay, it's late and most places are booked! Any phone numbers of hotels large or small or private cabanas would be appreciated much! jkahil

P

Phyllis Sarault

Try Mountain View or Lomar Hotels directly in Puerto Plata. OR you could check out any resort on the Playa Dorada Complex, this is fancy and includes everything, so it depends what you are looking for.

Which hotel cancelled your reservation at the last minute, and what's the story on too much rain in PP??? I'm going next weekend, should I be concerned?? Thanks.

V

VONNIE

hello tom , can u tell me if u have an e-mail adress for them or a phone # how is the atmosphere ,night life thank u for your help

V

VONNIE

can u tell me what hotel canceled on u and a phone # for them if u have one. thank u i hope u have luck findind a place to stay. vonnie

D

DR One

You are coming on the peak Dominican holiday season week. I suggest you travel to a city, such as Santo Domingo, instead of to a beach area. Take the Metro Bus into the capital city. Browse down this message board. Recently we posted about budget hotels in Santo Domingo. If it doesn't show, type in Santo Domingo hotels and look through March replies.

J

Janette

The hotel that cancelled me was the Puerto Plata Beach Resort. (AHSHA Hotels) I made my reservations back in Nov., had plane tix for 5 people. I've been going to PP for 15 yrs, and this was the first time this has ever happened to me. As it turns out, I found two rooms in a hotel near Sosua, the Coconut Palms. We were told the cancellations were a result of weather causing 3 buildings to be closed. I am going to pay them a visit and see it for myself. I have a feeling that we've been cancelled because of over booking. Of course, that's not what they said, but that's what I think. We are members of their vacation club. Makes sense, right? Bump us, they know we'll be back. Keep the new people, they are paying cash. We've been happy with the vacation club for 7 yrs, but if anyone out there is interested in buying time at a resort, drop me a line first. I can tell you the down side. Janette

F

Freddy from NYC

Am looking for the best rate to POP from either JFK or Newark the weekend of April 24. Thanks in advance.

A

Autumn

Janette......tell me about the Flamenco if you know anything....we have booked a stay there in July..........

J

jim

hi kathy, i have a house in puerto plata in the long beach area,its a new house 3 bdrms furnished,hot water,cable tv ,my sister inlaw is staying there with her two little kids,if your interested you can e-mail me and we can work something out.

J

JENNINE

HI, I'M GOING TO PUERTO PLATA APRIL 17-25. BOOKED HACIENDA RESORTS STAYING AT THE HACIENDA TROPICAL(THIS ONE IS ONE THE BEACH & HAS BALCONIES) FOR NINE DAYS EIGHT NIGHTS, ALL INCLUSIVE. FOR $1005 PER PERSON. I BOOKED WITH LORRAINE AT LIBERTY TRAVEL 718-968-1166. ALSO "MOMENTS-NOTICE.COM" HAS IT FOR $1090 PER PERSON IF LIBERTY IS SOLD OUT. LIBERTY AGENCY RATES IT A THREE STAR AND APPLE VACATION RATES IT A FOUR STAR. IT HAS 8 RESTRAUNTS, 9 POOLS,TWO SWIM UP BARS, WATER SPORTS, JACUZZI, SNORKELING, EVENING ENTERTAINMENT, DAILY ACTIVITIES AND ALL DRINKS INCLUDED. SOUNDED LIKE A GREAT DEAL TO ME I'M WILLING TO TRY. CALL TODAY OR TOMMORROW, THE PRICE IS SO CHEAP BECAUSE THE AIRLINE IS RUNNING A SPECIAL AND IT ENDS ON 3/31/99. IF YOU WANT I'LL LET YOU KNOW IF ITS GOOD WHEN I RETURN.