Dolphins ..?

rolfefox

Nov 5, 2002
Hello, does anyone know the name of the resort on the North Coast .. that has a tank with Dolphins.. are they opened yet ..??
thanks

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
North Coast Dolphins?

Hi rolfefox,

Greetings from Atlantic Canada.

I think it was EMI resorts in Cofresi who were planning an aquarium so I assume this is what you are referring to. Their website is http://www.sunvillagebeachresort.com/ but I haven't heard anything for a while. Sorry if I mislead you but that is how I remember it.

Coincidentally Debbie from Debbie's Dominican Travel just returned from the Sun Village Beach Resort so you could e-mail her at debbie@debbiesdominicantravel.com if you wanted to see if she knows more about it. Her review is not yet posted but will be soon.

Good luck,

Gregg

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
The dolphin park is in Corfressi and is privatly owned.The owner also has a park in the Bahamas,There will be swiming wiyh dolphins plus otheraquarium related activitys,it is still a ways from completion but they are training staff at the moment.I have a couple of friends working there so if you need more info ill see about a web site or an e mail
Johnny:cool:

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
It's not a tank, but a large sea water lagoon. The opening will be with limited hotels in January 2003. Due to construction on other parts of the park, only hotel buses will have access to the dolphin swim lagoon and not the general public.

Cassandra

Dec 6, 2002
Sorry to burst in,
Johnny I would like all the info about swimming with the dolphins, location etc. please e-mail it to me as I will be needing it for my 9 year old son (recommended by doctors).
Thanx

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
My daughter did this in Mexico but don't know any qualities that would help her or anyone physically.

The Confresi Dolphins are in training now and there are people there working. It isn't part of a hotel.

S

SDecatur

Cassandra said:
Hey Jazz,
It has been proven to be a great cure for benign tumours. I speak of experience!!!

I am reluctant to make a statement without reference, but I have read that Dolphins will instinctively seek out Autistic Children when placed in the pool with them, and the children almost always respond positively to the mammals

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Animals are therapeutic for any number of reasons. Dogs and cats are brought into hospitals for "pet therapy". My friend's son does therapuetic horseback riding and his physical therapist said it has done so much for his hips (he has cerebral palsy) that he is now ahead of schedule. My husband tells me when he was a child his horse was the only "friend" he had (he is profoundly hard of hearing) and that if he hadn't had that horse he would have suffered from severe depression.
I have heard of the autism connection with dolphins as well.
So, animals can help both both physically and mentally. They are not discriminatory, they love you the way you are, and carry you when need be. I cannot talk enough about the awesome self-esteem that my friend's son has developed through the Northern Virginia Therapuetic Riding Association. While his brothers win trophies at soccer, he is winning ribbons for trail rides. It has allowed him to flourish both mentally and physically. I am sure swimming with dolphins would be a similar experience.

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
"Swimming"....not really

We went to Maniti Park in PC and were disappointed that we were too late to sign up for "swimming with the dolphins", but we went to check it out anyways.

I believe it was something around $50-75US. The only people "swimming" were the Dominicans, swimming in your hard earned money. Here's what it looks like:

-put this life jacket on
-site here on the cement
-dolphins swim up and beach beside you
-pose with the dolphins for a couple of pictures
-pose with the dolphins in a different position for a couple of pictures
-swim out (alone) about 15 ft into the water
-dolphin comes to you and you grab on as it drags you about 40ft across the tank
-now hurry up, swim back to the edge and give your life jacket to the next gringo in line
-go to the main office to see if you want to buy the pictures they took of you and the dolphins...BAH!

Cassandra - please check into what "swimming" means, as I guarantee you the PC version is not what you are looking for. 10 to 1 the PP version is not going to be either.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Marc

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Cassandra and other interested parties.
The web sight is not ready but should be up soon,it iswww.oceanworld.com
The same company has a site in the Bahamas.WWW.dolphinswim.com.
Cassandra I mailed you the phone number of my friend who works as a trainer,call him Im sure he can answer your questions.He knows Ive given you the number just tell him Johnny Honda sent you.Good luck.
Johnny:cool:

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Thanks for the correction conchman I guess my buddy Pablo was on a roll when he gave me the site last night
J.H.
:bandit:

Cassandra

Dec 6, 2002
Thank you Johnny for your prompt reply.
I will definetely be using the contact.

LOL at Marc's description, thanks for the warning :))