blue amber

birute

Oct 27, 2002
An international company is looking for blue amber dealers who could supply good quality blue amber rough. Please give a piece of advice where to find blue amber business partners in DR? I would appreciate very much if you could forward this message to the appropriate site or addresses. Thank You. Best regards. Birute

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I don't think you will find one, frankly. Blue and red ambar are exceedingly scarce and random. You don't just go and mne blue ambar....

HB, wishing you good luck...

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Dead right Hillbilly! In addition it is illegal to export "rough"stones like amber, larimar, jade etc. This law is to protect Dominican jewelery manufacturers. I don't know how aggressively the law is applied but it could prove an expensive exercise to test..... Canadian Bob.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Had some guy in Cairo trying to tell my sister-in-law that amber was found there! When he realized I knew what I was talking about he switched his tune to "amber" can be found in jewellry shops everywhere!!!
There was so much "red" amber in the stores (really LARGE carved statues) that you just knew it had to be fake!!
I chastized my s-i-l for not having bought more amber when they visited the DR a few years back (they were the houseguests we had when I came down with Dengue!)
Buyer beware.......everywhere!!

puntagarza

Jun 6, 2004
Blue Amber

birute said:
An international company is looking for blue amber dealers who could supply good quality blue amber rough. Please give a piece of advice where to find blue amber business partners in DR? I would appreciate very much if you could forward this message to the appropriate site or addresses. Thank You. Best regards. Birute
Dear Sirs,
I read your message today. Although more than one and a half years have passed by already since yoeu asked for blue amber, I want to let you know,
that I have a certain amount of original dominican blue amber ( rough) and I could sellit. Depends on where you are and how much you want.
Please let me know.
Best regards
puntagarza