I'm Back

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
I Got back yesterday from SD. Had a great time.
Some notes:

Went to Neptunos in BC. Man has that place gone downhill!

Played Golf at Guavaberry. Not bad. About the same class as a good Muni in Florida. Some friends of mine tried to talk me into buying a Villa there. I wasn't drunk enough so I took a pass on that Idea.

Got stopped by a AMET jerk because I was talking on a cel phone. I don't know what is the Big deal about them. A few choice words on my part and he was apologizing to me.

Went shopping at the new BellaVista Mall. Looks like all the others.

Stayed at my In-laws compound in Los Rios. At least one neighborhood isn't overrun with slackers hanging around.

Played a few rounds of golf at the Country Club of Santo Domingo. The greens are still like glass.

My Neice's wedding was nice. It was at a church on Padre Bellini. Had to suffer through a long mass though.

The Reception was fantastic. They say that the DR is 10% white. I think everyone of them was there.

They had Eddie Herrera for the music. I am not a big merengue fan but they were very professional.

Some PRD jerk and his entourage tried to crash the party. I told him to get lost. Boy was he pissed.

Didn't have time to do any fishing. Boy was I pissed.

I'll post some Pictures of the wedding as soon as I get a chance.

Tony C.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Did you get to meet anyone from DR1? LOL. Why did I ask. Can't wait to see pictures. ;)

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Actually there was 1 person from DR1 who I was suppose to meet up with but I could never seem to find the time to give that person a call. I'll be back next month. Then I will have more time.

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Gracias Tony

You are giving me hope. All this depressing talk here about corruption.
I always knew the DR would come thru in the important department.

X.

Ps. with you I'm also sure you are the original T C and not some imposter. Thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Interesting comment onthe Gary Player course at Guavaberry. Like a good Muni where? Miami? or Orlando? Or Phoenix? I could feel your pain on those three and four putt greens of the CC...You play Las Lagunas yet??

HB

Jos? Luis Asilis, one of the honchos at Metro, next door, once told me that "to sell lots, you don't have to have the best golf course, just a golf course." Might be a key point, huh?

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
Tony C said:
I learned a long time ago that if you act like you own the place people don't mess with you. This rule particularly applies to the DR

Unless you are in the wrong and obviously not from around here. Then they will bust your ass all the way to the station. I've seen it happen to a group of ugly Americans.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Jim Hinsch said:

Unless you are in the wrong and obviously not from around here. Then they will bust your ass all the way to the station. I've seen it happen to a group of ugly Americans.

I am Latin. I speak the language and I refuse to take crap from a jerk with a badge.
Now if your a tourist with an attitude now that is a different story.

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
Re: Gracias Tony

x_man said:
You are giving me hope. All this depressing talk here about corruption.
I always knew the DR would come thru in the important department.

X.

Ps. with you I'm also sure you are the original T C and not some imposter. Thanks

Hello, X_MAN, nothing personal but I hope you are not saying this
about me. my regards

Tony Cabrera

Last edited:

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
No Tony Cabrera...

it's not you. I mean 'hard core' Tony C. Noboby can touch him hahaha. X.