Pan-Am Games

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
I read in the news the other day that although the official line is "the venues will be ready", there is still concern among Pan-Am officials.

When I was living down there, I swore the venues would never be done on time. I have a couple of friends that will be competing in the games, and was wondering what you guys thought about how ready the DR will be.

Curious,
Marc

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
The Pan Am games

Have been a shame everywhere they have been played. This is a waste of taxpayers money no matter what country it is held. Even in Canada, a most civilized nation, it was a failure. Money was lost.

But here it will be a super failure. Both ways. Our athletes are not ready for this. We have no serious athletes in the olympic discipline. Aside from our World Champion runner, there is not one single world class athlete here. We will be embarrassed in the competition. We might win some judo medals. Thats all.

What is even worse, is what is going to happen with all the apartments built for the athletes after the games. Be prepared for the PanAmGate.

TW

TERRY

Feb 1, 2002
Maybe Panamgate has started already!

There a few monster houses being built in and around the athletes village.I am very familiar with that area, and found it strange that people would invest in those type of properties.
Land values have also increased significantly,(which is nice)but I still dont understand why someone would spend millions of pesos in houses in that area .

Terry.