Attn: Johnny Honda

drfan

Nov 13, 2002
Johnny Honda I have a special request which someone told me that you could handle on my behalf.

In Atlantic Canada we are no longer able to book trips to my favorite resort which is Occidental Flamenco. I have been there 4 times now and am very upset that I can't go again this April. I feel that if I can't go to Flamenco then I may as well choose another place to visit as I truly won't enjoy being on the same beach but at another resort. I have been to Playa Naco before as well but it just wouldn't be the same holiday that I'm used to. Please advise if there is something you could do or another address I could complain to. I know the Manager of the resort but don't have his email address.

I thank you very much for anything that you could do.

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Drfan
If you are talking about Juan Aguilar he is no longer manager and has returned to Spain.I dont understand why you cannot book from Atlantic Canada,check with other travel agencys than the one you are using such as air transat travel the new airline leaving Halifax soon buzz air or out of Moncton(my home town)with i forget which airline.If not go to www.occidental resorts.com and book direct.Unfortunatly I cant help more than that as I can only reserve for members of the v.i.p. club.
Regards
J.H.:cool:

drfan

Nov 13, 2002
Booking

Johnny, I have called every travel agency around even GoDirectTravel etc etc, I just can't get there.

When you say you can only book for VIP Club do you mean Miguel Angel? Reason I'm asking is because I received VIP status last trip because of my # of visits there.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi Johnny

Just for clarification - in the Atlantic Provinces; the new charter airline is Zoom Air and they are contracted to Go Travel Direct for Halifax based flights. AirTransat is the charter airline for AirTransat Vacations, World of Vacations and Signature Vacations out of Halifax and St. John's. SkyService is the charter airline for Conquest out of Halifax and Moncton.

But none of these tour operators include your resort in their offerings.

That is what is frustrating for drfan.

Gregg

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
drfan

I was wondedring how did you obtain the VIP pass at Occidental Flamenco as per your number of stays. Did you apply/ask for it, or do you have time shares with them. Is the VIP only for Club Miguel. Apply by email if you wish.

Lee-Lee

Oct 17, 2002
dude check out hume-travel.com
i think you might be able to find something.

q? why not spend an extra $60 or so for a return Greyhound ticket to the nearest city (i'm sure it wouldn't be that far) that has departures to your destinaiton?

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi Lee-Lee

Greetings from Atlantic Canada.

Just for the record (no way for you to know of course) but the dude is a dudette.

drfan's problem is not getting to POP - any of the charter airlines in my above posting will take her as a flight only customer but no tour operator from Atlantic Canada (this year) matches a flight with the hotel she wants (unlike previous years). Once you start building your own package it becomes prohibitively expensive because if as Johnny suggested you book on-line with a hotel chain you end up paying some ridiculous rack rate (you'll probably be the only guest in the hotel paying that much). Because of bulk buying and competition between tour companies package pricing tends to be at levels which offer significant discounts to anything which an individual can put together on his/her own. This is the same phenomenon which makes it difficult to financially justify staying at non-AI's since it may actually cost you the same or more - for less (leaving for the moment the intangible non-AI experiences which are definitely worth something).

I checked out your Hume Travel website and they didn't offer the hotel she is seeking either; but their pricing does look competitive.

Good luck in your quest, drfan.

Gregg

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Drfan
The V.I.P. members i refered to are what Gonzaga refered to as time share however thatis not quite the right deffinition in this case,Sorry but if no tour opperators are offering the hotel I cant help you,however on the web site there are often good offers and not always rack rate if you contact the hotel chain explain you have stayed in our hotel several times and it is now not available I am sure they will fix you up.Good luck
J.H.:cool: