US Thanksgiving in Sosua

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Who is going to be in Sosua for US Thanksgiving on the 28th of November?

A bunch of us including our fearless leader here on DR1, Numero Uno Roberto are meeting in Sosua for Dinner on Turkey Day at Rockys Blues Bar and Restaurant for a traditional Turkey Dinner with stuffing and all the trimmings for only 100 pesos per person.
Marco is a great host and loves to give away the food at a reasonable price to get you to drink there and get drunk:) He also has some rooms that he rents there for only 15 bux a night if anyone is looking for a cheap place to stay right in the middle of town. Stop in there and mention DR1 and he will give you a free drink.

100 pesos is under 5 bux US for the mathematically impaired eople.

It is on DR Rosen Ave right around the corner from Harrison Jewelers. If any of you have been there before it is not in the same place but next door in a bigger NICER place where we can dine in the open air.

I hope that HB from Santiago along with my Wacki Paki friend AZB are going to make it. Ken it would be nice if you showed your shriveled old ass up also. Bushbaby if the wife permits you out of POP it would of course be nice to see you and give you the thing I am bringing down for you. (How are you going to use that Roto Router I am bringing down for sex anyway?)

Johnny Honda, I don't want you to think of this as an American thing but just think about this as another excuse to get your drunk Tatooed ass into town and Party with Escott.

Comon guys, be there or be square. X-man, you don't show and I will send out the ARMY to find you. Crisco, how about taking a road trip with the wife or girlfriend? Bring Golo and Pibster with you. That should make for an interesting 3 1/2 hour ride. Speaking about Pibster, havent seen her post in a while, is she ok? Ok, Mommc you are invited also if you pay the bill. just think how many people you will feed on that day for 35k RD which of course is probably closer to 50k today:) Larry... A real man would quit his job and grab one of those AA 4-5 day $229 weekend internet fares and have dinner with me. Hell, you make it and I will pay for your meal:)

Kindest regards,
Escott

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Sorry, jazzcom, we are already committed to having Thanksgiving dinner with friends at La Roca. John is putting on a turkey and trimmings dinner there, also.

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Scotty
I will most definetly be there I love turkey I dont care when and at 100 pesos done deal also gives me a chance to meet some interesting people:bandit: not to mention its another excuse to drink:cool: Eddy and me think it would be kinda neat to have a little get together at his place some time too
Johnny

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Scotty

I would rather be there than anywhere else in the world....I just cant this time..Thats ok cause Jan 3rd is only 7 weeks away.Then after I convince you to extend your vacation past the 6th you can buy me all the 100 pesos dinners you want :)
Larry

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Would love to come Jazz......

but I wouldn't dream of even trying to pay the bill!!! that 35K was 35 pesos (wouldn't ya know it...ya didn't read the rest of the thread!!!)
However won't be there yet having just got back to discover my passport has expired and they couldn't issue another whilst I was travelling on the one about to expire!!! Ah well.......They've promised to get mine renewed within a month so it's going out tomorrow and hopefully will be back before Christmas!! They hijack your birth certificate and other photo ID here to issue new passports so I'm kinda stuck in Canada until I get it.
Have a great time....I'll be thinking of y'all especially since I missed turkey day here in Canada (I was in Egypt on Canada's thanksgiving - giving thanks that it was 36C and sunny!!!).

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
I go to see Eddy every time I am in town Johnny. Why you ask, because I love his gals!:) Nah, only kidding, Eddy is a good egg and I plan on seeing him in 12 days and bending elbows with him as I usually do.

Escott

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Sorry cant be there at three thats what time I cllose up shop:c some of do have to work even on turkey day.Will arrive around four
See ya at Rockys:bandit:Johnny

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
As long as newby's don't have to pay the bill!

We are newby's that would love to come and eat and drink and meet some folks - arriving in the DR to stay over this coming weekend. Can you accommodate three adults (one American, one South-African that spent 12 years in the States, another South African, a Turks & Caicos baby (real baby, 4 months old!) and a South African baby (20 months old)?

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Escott,

I'm leaving for Puerto Plata tonight.
If in sosua on thursday (most likely but not 100%)
I'll show up. X.

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
3:00 p.m. Thanksgiving Day

See you at Rocky's 3:00 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. Crisco--get your lard ass up there. HB, forget about your crappy golf game and come on in from Santiago.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
3PM? not, i close at 6pm then I would take a shower and head right over. Maybe I will close early but tell me, what time does the turkey actually get the knife? What time is the dinner?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hey guys don't forget to take pictures. I would love to have a picture of all of you together ;)

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Ok, seems as if 3 pm is a bit early for some. I will be there at 6 pm and we can dine at 7 pm if you all can make that.

Cris... Bring it on.

X... Show your scragally old ass up. This WAS your idea.

AZB... Can you make it by 7 pm?

Anna... I know you are hoping that we all get rip roaring drunk and take nakid photos but...

Kenosha... Didn't we have turkey last year together?

Robert... Make sure you show your Brit Butt!

Going in a week and I can hardly wait:)

Cheers
Escott

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
jazz . com

looks like my ,scragally old ass, will be in good company.
greetings from sosua.

X. going to the beach now.

Ps. 6pm sounds good to me

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Would you guys want me to bring you guys a few wives for that evening? Let me know, due to falling economy they are cheaper now than ever. Heheheheeh