Cheap Hotel in Sosua

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Anyone know Hotel Ocean View in Sosua? It has posted signs offering studios from RD300 a day/RD$3000 a month. According to the sign, the hotel has a pool and generator and is within walking distance of town. Also indicates it is located in a safe area.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
It's very clean. At least when I was there. Simple but cheap. I walked down the hill but I never tried walking back up. It's behind the Police station.

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
It's a little bit isolated, if you ask me. It's just up the camino Llibre, right after the turn and used to be called Elena's. Standard rooms, swimming pool, generator. I think most of the people there live there, rather than vacation.

If you're interested you ought to take a walk up there and see if the pool is being properly maintained, what sort of people are there, etc. etc.

I think John Bommarito is still running it, but that may have changed.

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
John owns it,but its managed by Joanne,everything is working,the rooms are clean as is the pool,mostly local gringos renting the rooms which are clean and spacious,all in all good value for money not far from downtown Sosua:cool:
J.H.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Johnny

Do you know if they have tv's in the rooma and what the actual price is?
Larry

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
No TV, no phones. Most Have Fridge, stove, table, chairs, two beds and a bathroom with shower. You can see it under Remax listings

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Larry

300 pesos is the asking rate you can do better depending on how slow it is you know the drill:cool:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
I know Johnny...but if there is no TV..I wont bother negotiating.I need my TV man.
Larry

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Yeah but when the woman starts annoying you ..you can turn TV all the way up to drown her out.
Larry

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Larry
Hey I understand my t.v. is more important than my girlfriends too(you do mean television not transvestite right Larry?):alien:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
JOHNNY HONDA said:
Larry
Hey I understand my t.v. is more important than my girlfriends too(you do mean television not transvestite right Larry?):alien:
Haha...funny one Johnny.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Larry, just bring a small radio to drown out the ohs and ahs. I will never understand why people need a TV on holidays.The idea is to get away from it all including the news. The world will go on .

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
Camino Los Llibres

If you do stay up the hill, please stick to conchos or other transit at night, do not walk it as it is daaaaaaaaaaaaaark and unsafe.

marc

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
What could happen

arturo said:
Oh, come on Marc, what could happen???

Not sure if you are serious or not. Robbery is what I was referring to.

I lived up that hill for just over a year, it is well known by people that live up there that you don't walk it at night. The owners of the house could tell you tales of their son getting robbed twice on that hill at night.

Not trying to make it sound worse than it is, just passing on advice based on what I know about that particular location. I wouldn't walk down an unlit street at night in Calgary either, if that puts it into perspective.

ciao
marc