Hey Pib, did you see the Guayaberas??

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
It seems the plan by Hipolito Mejia to have the presidents at the Iberoamerican Summit wear guayaberas(I like chacabanas because it sounds as bad as they look) went down the tubes.

The uniformity pressed on by Hippo and disliked by many of the chiefs of state was broken by President Aznar, who thought these things were ridiculous for his image. I agree 100% with him. Can you imagine Aznar with those overpriced stiff campesino shirts?

I understand that President Chavez also never wore the ugly shirts. However, if anybody should wear one is him. He is the worst dressed of the bunch. Even worse than Hippo*s safari look.The King of Spain was not very happy looking guy wearing "the thing".

I also have information that Hippo tried very hard to have the presidents wear his brand of cowboy hats, but his chief of protocol warned him of the folly of this idea. If the chacabanas had a hard time flying, the stupid hats would have caused a STAMPEDE!

TW

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
No sir

The real reason Fidel avoided this summit like the plague was that his sister flew into Bavaro to make some noise and embarrass her brother and Hippo was not smart enough to get into the act and prevent her entry into the country knowing full well her intentions.

Fidel got the last laugh. She came to DR and was stood up. She had no news value without her brother here. Castro would not have worn the stupid shirt either. He hates to be driven.

TW

Lyse

Jan 2, 2002
Sister??

golo said:
The real reason Fidel avoided this summit like the plague was that his sister flew into Bavaro to make some noise ../B]

His sister??? Don't you mean his daughter or maybe it's both!!!!!!!!!!