coconut palms resort and whale watching

fish

Nov 18, 2002
i am going to the d.r. in feb and we are going to stay at the coconut palms resort in sosua . does anyone have any up to date info on this resort? i have stayed there a few years ago but just would like some up to date info before we go. also are there any good whale watching tours that orignate in sosua or close to the coconut palms resort that are worth it or should we go direct to samana and in samana which whale watching tour is the best? thanks for any help!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Whale Watching

There are companies in Sosua offering whale watching. I don't know who in Samana does the whale watching excursion for them, or what they charge.

The founder of whale watching in Samana is Kim Beddall, a Canadian expatriate who has lived there about 20 years. Now that this has become a popular activity, there are many other companies also offering tours. But she is the most knowledgeable about the whales and offers the best tours. Her company is Victoria Marine/Whale Samana, and the office is located on the side of Camilo Restaurant facing the central park. Her email address is kim.beddall@usa.net and her office phone is 809-571-2494/2588. Her boat, Victoria II, is large and comfortable and has protection from the sun and rain.

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
I agree with Ken about Kims tour its the best,as to Coconut Palms still a good resort with the same management Judy still takes good care of the clients,they have done some renovations in the last year
J.H.