Movies

ozjim

Nov 19, 2002
This is a bit silly really, but I'm a big fan of The Lord of The Ring, and I'll be in DR when "The Two Towers" comes out in december (well it comes out in the US/Europe/Australia in december anyway).

Anyone knows if it'll be coming out in DR at the same time?
If yes, will I be able to see it in English, or will it ne dubbed in spanish?

Problem is, by the time I get back home (Australia) the movie won't be showing anymore, or only on the smaller theaters.

Thanks

And I know someone is bound to post something about being ridiculous worying about a movie when I should just be enjoying my holiday ... yes, you were just about to weren't you? well don't.

jojocho

Jul 10, 2002
I'm not sure about Lord of the Rings, but most movies take a few months to get here, however there have been SOME movies that have premiered simultaniously (sp?) here, Home Alone comes to mind.

Movies are never dubbed to spanish in the DR, unless they're cartoons. They do have spanish subtitles.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Actually some non-cartoon movies are dubbed in Spanish. Funny enough, I took an Australian friend the other day and some kids to go see "Snow Dogs" and it was dubbed in Spanish.

Can't help you with the Lord of the Rings right now, but will post here when I hear something.

Also keep your eye on this site http://www.uepa.com
and look for updates under the "Cine y Video" section.

What part of Australia are you from?

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
If you are in Sosua I have a friend who will definetly have it on vcr and dvd he also rents machines so that could be an option
J.H.:bandit:

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
You're gonna miss it!

If you're on the North Coast, smart money is on you missing out. Even in SD I can't see it coming out within a month of the release elsewhere.

Could be wrong with a movie like LOTR. Also, a movie like that will be at the larger theatres for an awfully long time, no?

good luck
I'll think of you when I watch it at first release ;)

marc

naksu

Aug 28, 2002
The fellowship of the rings was in theaters on April if I remember right....could be it was already late March. And that was in SD, in Puerto Plata they had to wait till the end of April. Hopefully this year the Two towers comes SOONER since I'm dying to see it!! Last year I simply travelled to SD to see it....and it was definitely worth it:)