Open Mike, with Mike Bullard

Keith&Cris

Aug 22, 2002
www.keithbroad.com
Has anyone in Canada seen the Mike Bollard Show starting last Monday? He spent a week in DR, and airs clips of his visit during his show. DR is getting airtime in Canada! Short clips but great!

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
I am taping it! Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I heard that it is hilarious!

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
perhaps i am overly sensitive, but to hear bullard refer to RD as "the Dominican" 10 or more times in his clips each night offends my ears. of the 2 shows that i have seen condescending might be more appropriate.

mob, :classic:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I hate that show but I did tape it last night just to see the DR clips. Yes mob, we have been well trained now and I hate when he refers to it as "The Dominican".

Mickey

Mar 3, 2002
Mike's what? Mike's 'style'? I'm sorry, but this man has absolutely no 'style'! LOL :)
Mick

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Let's all e-mail the little pr!ck, so he knows he is messing with our place!!. Jane J! Get us an e-mail addie, please?

HB

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Just fired off my coments to Mike as follows
Dear chucklehead
As an east coast Canadian living in the Dominican Republic I resent your referal of this nation as the Dominican.If you are in the Dominican you are
1.An unborn fetus
2 Having sex with a native of this fair island nation
If you are fortunate enough to have a Dominican wife as I do then you can be in the Dominican in the Dominican Republic:cool:

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
putting aside "the Dominican" issue, i did not find the clips that i saw amusing.

in fact it brought to mind jim hinsch's recent post on the first page of the Egypt thread.

will bullard's 5 minute clips encourage new visitors to RD? as someone reasonably knowledgeable about the country i thought the clips were condescending, especially his treatment of, and comments to, Dominican's. who knows what impression people who have never been to the island will pick up.

mob

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
That's crappy, the portrayl of the Dominican Republic he made. Now, I don't even want to watch, but I probably will, just to see how crappy it really is!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I like Lucy Zilio's clips of the DR and she's always so up and happy.

Last edited:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Too bad that most of the TV clips one sees about the DR are the ones that portray the most negative aspects of the DR. Wasn't there some mention a while back about other "horrible" vacation clips???
Too bad that these clips DO show what some of us have been saying recently are threats to tourism in the area.

Keith&Cris

Aug 22, 2002
www.keithbroad.com
Well, I'm one Canuck that would rather slit my throat than vote Mike Bullard Prime Minster of Canada should he have the gall to run... Cretien is a big enough embarressment as it is! I looked past Mike's demeaning comments to DR people (who mercifully understood little of his cutting comments), and watched the DR countryside, and I'm even more excited about going there next week!!!!