Paradise Lost

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Well my DR1 forum friends, we wake up today with lots of fun news worth of Ripleys' Believe It Or Not:

1)The BHD Bank Agil branch at Tiradentes Avenue had a friendly visitor today who just walked in took a gun from the guard and walked away with $900,000. Enjoy it pal! You probably will never be caught. Besides, Pepe Goico is going free. Why can't you?By the way The BHD Bank is having tough luck. Remember the guys who simply walked in and cashed $23,000,000 of bad checks two months ago? However I went there the other day with a check issued by a BHD bank department picked up at their counter, given to me inside their office for interest payments from their own certificates and when I went to cash it I had to wait 30 minutes for authorization!! That's what I call security.

2)OMSA, the government transportation operating public transportation just hiked the fare from $3 to $10 pesos. This is not official!!!! But let me tell you how this is going to work out. They bought 200 air-conditioned buses for "VIP" service with a $10 fare. They will add 400 more in the next few months. The present buses without air at $3 fare are fast disappearing for lack of repair and parts, since the whole deal was a graft beauty. The air-conditioned equipment in the new buses will break down.(If New York City and Miami cannot keep their air running why can't ours fail too?) All the buses therefore eventually will be regular buses without air-conditioned, but the fare will not change. Result:a new fare hike without an official decree!! These PRD officials are gems.

3)As it is now common knowledge, the fix for Pepegate is on. But Hippo's Attorney General Bello Rosa stated today that "the decision to submit Pepe Goico's case as a correctional rather than a criminal case has given the government a loss of credibility in the fight against corruption". What is even more surprising is that Bello Rosa made his conclusions not from the District Attorney's documentation, but from Pepe Goico's defense lawyers' briefs!! Imagine, even the defense lawyers' briefs were so incredible, that the District Attorney's free giveaway to Pepe was more credible.

4)Is there a coincidence going on? Remember the spying case in Leonel Fernandez' apartment and "the vampire man" who went to steal? Fernandez claims to have found electronic devices placed by the government to spy on him. Hippo said he was dreaming. Today, Hippo's own Indotel chief young Jorge Mera, the son of indicted-jailed former President Jorge Blanco suspended an order given to Codetel and the other phone companies that allows for espionage thru phone systems. Hippo says there were no devices found and will never be found in Leonel's place. Of course with a spy wizzard like Frank "the Wizzard"(last name provided upon personal request) running the spying network for the government how can they find anything?

5)Hippo announced he will no longer accept free rides on private airplanes and will now use commercial airlines. Hey man, I could have told you so. They have been using your useless position as President to camouflage international illegal operations and in the best case, the conflict of interest is so obvious. Regardless...Hippo you are still in debt with those friends who gave you free rides. You have to pay back somehow. Once you make a stupid mistake like that you have to put up or shut up.

6)Cardinal Lopez Rodriguez was again adamant about the corruption going on in Hippo's government. Let's hope he keeps his priests on line and something does not break out in the church, like a pedophile or something like that.

7)The Mormons built a golden temple on Bolivar Avenue, the equivalent of the Taj Mahal in DR. Few if any faithful can get into this secret temple. Even missionaries have to ask permission to visit. It is a mutimillion dollar maintenance operation with perfect landscaping. Yet, they have a temple in barrio Libertador where they have groomed the fenced in building, yet the streets around it are totally unpaved and when it rains is a mudslide. They have their own power transformer which they do not share with the community. However their missionaries go around the neighborhood begging for free lunches and dinner. From what I heard they are habitual "paracaidistas" who show up at noon and dinner time, just to get a free meal!! About the only thing you can get for free(although later on you have to come up with meals) is the Book of The Mormon, which tells the unlikely story that a messenger from God appeared in an unlikely Midwest town and gave a person with an unlikely name like Joe Smith some scriptures in a weird language that this 20 year old was able to decipher by himself. I read the book and it just keeps repeating itself the same thing over and over again in childish language. The Bible compared to this could have been written by Einstein.

8)Another scandal was covered up in a military school where the director was sexually molesting the women cadets. This school in an un-named banana republic headed by an imitation "Bucharam" in a tropical area of the caribbean also had several dead cadets, who died from exhaustion due to unauthorized an unmilitary like rituals. Here are some of the exercises:1) Take your clothes off and rub your body in the grass for hours under the heat of the sun. 2) Go into the jungle and sleep naked. 3) Go without food and water for 48 hours. 4)March with full equipment and rifle on under the sun until you collapse. 5) The parents tried to do something about it but were ridiculed by authorities. Now the sh..t hit the fan. The director was replaced suddenly. Can you name the country? I sure can't.

9)A $300,000 million gas station is almost ready for service at Las Americas Highway built by the government. After a potential public outcry Hippo reverted what appeared to be another "graft" giveaway to friends of PPH and now has announced that the gas station will be administered by a citizen's committee. Any guesses as to who is on this commitee and where the funds are going to end up?

10)The government's TV and Radio Station will soon be privatized. We now all know who is going to get the franchise. Look for no other than the PRD party registration rolls.

jojocho

Jul 10, 2002
Do you work for Nuria Piera by any chance?

Just kidding!! Reading your posts is much better than reading the actual news.

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
yeah robert

why haven't we thought of this before:

GOLO would be the shoe in candidate for the want add you posted here for the daily news editor!?

the guy has time and lots of talent to make the news entertaining.
X.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I was wondering about something the other day in reference to this Pepegate thing.
Pepe's lawyers are saying that his signature was forged.
1) I can't go to the grocery store with my wife's credit card and use it.
2) How is it possible to charge thousands of dollars of whatever and not have at least two photo identifications demanded by the seller?
3) The only conclusion is outright stupidity and the ignorance of the "public

?m I right?

HB

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
Re: yeah robert

x_man said:
GOLO would be the shoe in candidate for the want add you posted here for the daily news editor!?

Just overthrow and make him dictator. Surely he has a connection in US to make it happen. Then nobody will have to fix it. I want the south coast.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Jojocho

Nuria Piera is the best newsperson is this country. I watch her show while I get dressed to go out on Saturday nights. She has great investigative sense. The only problem is she is afraid sometimes of different types of scandals. For instance, she hardly touches the military. How did she miss the military academy thing?

Her report on Trujillo was dissapointing. She missed the point. She spent the whole program talking about Trujillos exploits with women and how he forced women into bed with him. She was wrong. Trujillo never raped a woman in his life. He never twisted any womans arm, except the Mirabals. But in this case he had a political motive. He hated Tavares Justo. But mothers and fathers would bring their daughters to El Jefe in the hope that he would laid them. He always took care pf his ladies. Not one can complain about her life today.

Nuria also has personal interviews of "Its your life" with over-exposed men and women who have no merit and look like paid ads by these people. Her interview of Guido Gomez Mazara, Virgilio Bello Rosa and others were shameless.

TW

mariposa33

Aug 22, 2002
I was very offended by your description of the mormon Temple and thier missionaries. I am mormon and served a mission in the Dominican Republic for a year and a half. I only ate at someones house once in that whole year and a half, I paid for all my food and I never once gave a Book of Mormon to anyone who didn't want it.
It should tell you something that it is the fastest growing religion in the US and in the Domincan Republic. And there are no monetary rewards for becoming a member......otherwise we give 10% of our income to the Church and it is with this money that the Temples and buildings are paid for.
When you don't have a clue what you are talking about, keep your mouth shut!

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
Mariposa, and everyone else, there is a very fine line between editorializing and embellishing. Reporting the news is in another category altogether.

mariposa33

Aug 22, 2002
I agree..........if he would have only told the news I would have been fine, but scrapping for bad things to say about a religion that he obviously knows nothing about is something altogether different.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
mariposa33/Golo - I have my own opinions on Mormons/Religion and I keep them to myself, please do the same. Saying that... I dated a pure breed Utah lass (morman) for a while, what an eye opener! And I was the one thinking I was going to be the bad influence :speechles

Any more religion related comments will be deleted.

Now lets get back on topic!!!