Large List of Exchange Houses

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I went through the list, mondongo. This may be of help to people in business, but I don't think it is meant for the great majority of people using this board. If you are wondering where you can go to change money in the area of your hotel, for example, you won't find the information here.

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Ken, do you mean that these places a) inconveniently located...b) require a certain minimum to exchange...c) do not allow the general public to transact business?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I meant that when I looked at list about all I saw were a few in Puerto Plata, a few in Santo Domingo, and a few in Santiago. I say few because there are more exchange banks in all three locations than were listed.

Because I saw none for Sosua, even though there are many, nor any for Cabarete, even though there are exchange banks there, nor any for any of the tourist areas, except possibly Puerto Plata, I concluded that these lists were not meant to include the exchange banks that participants of this board are likely to make use of.

The fact that those listed were in commercial areas caused me to think they were meant more for commercial interests than for visitors.