Hotel in Santo Domingo

amy

Apr 15, 2002
I STAYED AT THE MELIA SANTO DOMINGO HOTEL, IT WAS FAIRLY INEXPENSIVE. NICE HOTEL AND SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT.

stan chapman

Nov 28, 2002
I can recommend, from experience, El Beaterio, Calle Duarte. Clean, inexpensive, steeped in history, and very helpful proprietors fluent in English, Spanish(of course) and various other tongues. elbeaterio@netscape.net
I believe a room for 2 last Nov was about $40.00 US. Stan

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
The Napolitano is about $70 per night and conveniently located on the Malecon.

If you want cheaper, the Casona Dorada on independencia is ok and you can get rooms for maybe $40.

JHT

Mar 30, 2004
My vote is the Hodelpa Caribe Colonial for atmospere (Art Deco Hotel like in Miami Beach), great friendly staff and location.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Escott said:
Courtyard by Marriott on Maximo Gomez. Convienent to everything and all the bells and whistles at about $99 a night. Wireless/High Speed internet, pool, breakfast for a king included.

OK. . ..escott. . . .you dig the courtyard. . . .LOL. . . .marriott stock maybe?. . . . .I think courtyards are cool also but in santo domingo I am not sure the courtyard is "mid range". . . .

Plus maybe the OP wants to be near "that square" that everybody drags you to. . . . .LOL. . .

charliegirl

Oct 16, 2005
Has anyone stayed at this hotel:
Hotel Duque De Wellington

Can anyone comment on their stay there?
Thanks

hpbob

Feb 2, 2003
Hotel Duque De Wellington

I have stayed at the Duque de Wellington twice. Each time I found the staff to be very courteous and friendly. The rates are very reasonable, around $35 per night. Be sure to rent a room lock box. As in most places, if you leave valuables in the open unattended they are liable to go missing. The hotel is gay friendly although by no means were all the guests gay. If you are homophobic this is not the place to go, but I would not categorize the Duque to be a "gay" hotel. It it is very conveniently located to both the Malecon and the Zona Colonial. If you drive they have a small area in front where you can park. ;) I will stay there again the next time I come to Santo Domingo

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
Hey! Does any one have any experience with the Hotel Lina ? Distance to the financial district ? the malacon ? old city, etc ? Thanks, John

May 31, 2005
I stayed at the Gran Hotel Lina for my cousins wedding. She got married at the hotel. The ceremony was nice. They took care of the decoration, the food, drinks, etc. The rooms were a little outdated. The lobby bar was full of hookers is what someone told me. I wouldn't have known. I thought those were just regular women having drinks. I wasn't really disappointed but I wasn't impressed either. Nothing special to say about it.

Travelocity

Nov 18, 2005
Hello! Can anyone comment on the Playa Real Beach Resort in San Pedro de Macoris and the Melia Caribe Tropical in Punta Cana? We are staying at both places next month. When we booked the trip, we asked for Santo Domingo and PUnta Cana. According to our trip information, the Play Real is about 45 minutes from Santo Domingo. Thanks for any information.

Travelocity