mariposa33

Aug 22, 2002
If it is so irritating to you than why do you let GOLO speak so
badly about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mine was at least positive.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Have you heard about dropping a subject and going on to something else?

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Methinks this one is getting shut down in a hurry
Larry

Last edited:

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Mariposa

I will not get into a religious debate with you respecting Robert*s decision to close the thread because of its religious content.

However, when it comes to themes that I talk about, let me tell you that I do my research. Besides, I get involved and find out things for myself. I Talk from first hand experience about Dominican life.

The Mormon Church organization in DR is an elitist group which has built a multimillion dollar temple in an area which by its very nature will never be seen or visited by the thousands of Dominicans the church is trying to reach. Mormon missionaries are ill-trained by the church. They cannot interpret in a intelligent manner the precepts of the Book of the Mormon. Most, if not all are very young men who can barely speak the language well enough to communicate with Dominicans. Their own English skills are questionable as preachers, which they try to be in a way in their visits to Dominican homes. Many are transfered before they even get their feet wet.

What I have found is that they are extremely persistent and become pests. They have no concern for the privacy of families. They would show up at almost any time to visit a home uninvited.

The Mormons would have done well to have spent all that money in such fancy temple in small local temples where they could reach more people. You can ask almost every Dominican if they have ever visited the temple at Bolivar Avenue and few if any would reply positively. The gold statue has created a bad image. Dominicans believe it is made out of gold. I know it is not. But you cannot convince Dominicans it isnt. The grooming of the landscaping is such that Dominicans would be afraid to even come close to it. It is a temple for millionaires.

The idea that you can convert people to a religion by singing to them and telling them that they should just have faith and believe that Joseph Smith is the real thing is not going to work. In terms of financing, the church tries to go after the members estates and money to support the church.

Even in the U.S. the Mormons are seen as a local phenomenon with only strong influence in the state of Utah. Salt Lake City is practicly a segregated city of Mormons in every aspect of life, so are their universities and schools.

TW

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Let me add...

A PM I just received from mariposa33

"I agree with others that a moderator has too much power
If you don't like religion than why let GOLO speak badly about it over and over again!!!
You are the twofaced idiot that needs to be shutup".

Is that a threat?

I'm sure your church will be very happy with you.
You are certainly doing a fine PR job for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.