What Kind of University is UTESA

Sandhu

Nov 26, 2002
I am coming to UTESA for doing my MD but don't know much about it accept my curriculum. I don't even know weather utesa has a student hostel or not. Can anybody help me??????

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
UTESA

Is the lower-low middle class private university in DR. This university is basicly the Universidad Tecnologica de Santiago, but it has campuses both in Santiago and Santo Domingo. In Santo Domingo it has campuses at Maximo Gomez Avenue in Gazcue and near the Universidad Autonoma de Santo Domingo, also at Isabel Aguiar Ave. in Herrera, at San Carlos and the Oriental Zone. It has among the lowest tuitions and it is the equivalent of a community college.

Each campus is located in extremely busy areas of the city, making it difficult to concentrate. It is a tight atmosphere with some overcrowding. In the Santo Domingo campus, the tower building has no elevator for five floors, so to reach the library you have to climb up. Cafeterias are mostly eating out in the streets, though food is cheap. parking is nearly impossible. Public transportation is available but unless you take a cab everyday, you will ride with the worst elements. If you own a car to drive you better check out where youre going to park. Students even try to park in private property around and have lots of problems, specially with McDonalds.

UTESA students mostly live outside the area. There are few student boarding houses and apartments in the area. The area around the Maximo Gomez campus is middle class to upper middle class, yet some areas have mansions with millionaire homes. The area above on Maximo Gomez, Bolivar Avenue is an upper class area. The Campus in the other locations are lower class and ghetto areas. The Herrera Campus is enclosed in a nicely landscape building complex with a swimming pool and it feels as an island sorrounded by a very noisy neighborhood. But is it quieter inside. It has more parking facilities than the Maximo Gomez campus. I am not sure about accreditation, but it is not comparable to the upper class universities like UNIBE and PUCAMAIMA and slightly lower than APEC, which is nearby..

TW

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
DR Techie

Que malo eres!!!Hehehe! But you are right. I love UTESA girls. Do you know why? You dont have to waste time with scripts, sweet talk, flowers and the rest. They jus like action...cars, money, and lots of fun in the dark. Love themmm bit...s

As far as our friend who wants to follow the footsteps of the greatest geniuses of our generation Stephen Hawking and Sir Roger Penrose and continue to study the mysteries of the universe, let me tell you that Dominican Republic is a very difficult place to master in Physics. The only university I know that deals with the subject is Universidad Autonoma de Santo Domingo, Departamento de Fisica under Facultad de Ciencias.(UASD) Of course, that is sans(without)atom smashers.

But unless you are at least half as smart as Nobel Prize winner Chandrashekar, who discovered the mathematical limit at which stars begin to collapse under their own gravity, your chances of even making the cut at UASD Physics group are slim and none. Let me tell you that I love physics, but mostly the astronomy part, and I have been told by people that out of 20 who began the masters degree at UASD only 12 remain after the Mathematics onslaught they went thru, and now it gets even tougher. This is only for math geniuses.

If you continue to be interested, contact the Dean of the department, who is somewhat related to me and my lawyer is one of her family members, Mrs. Miriam Astacio and speak to her about the next Master Degree course. The one now is ongoing and is next to impossible to break in. Her cellular is (809)440-5842 and the faculty*s number is (809)686-3119. Tell her I mentioned it to you.

In addition you must meet rigorous equivalency requirements and validations thru CONEP and other educational offices. Getting into this course is as hard as finding the color of a black hole. Imagine what it would be to go to Cambridge??

TW

Sandhu

Nov 26, 2002
Thanks golo. I appritiate ur help.
Can u give me an idea how much will it cost for me to live per month while stdying in utesa and any comments on utesa medical school.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
UTESA is the easiest place to get a degree. You pay your money you get your degree. It is one of the most profitable business in the country. The owner dines with the local princes and owns newspaper, TVs and Medical Clinics. The sale of degrees is a good business. If you insist on Santo Domingo, speak Spanish and have a bit of class, go to UNPHU, or INTEC. If you want an education, are dedicated and smart, and want a degree recognized around the world, go to Santiago, and attend PUCMM.
I am sending you a report prepared by the Examnining Board from California on the UTESA Program. Oh yes, UNIBE is a small step up from UTESA.

HB

Sandhu

Nov 26, 2002
tell me more about pucmm and other universities that teaCH IN ENGLISH BECAUSE i DON'T KNOW SPANISH. TYell me there web address if possible

mikramjafri

Nov 25, 2002
how did u hear about UTESA sandhu.i have heard great things about UNIBE and i am starting to think UTESA sucks i think i am right.I hate schools which are all about the money. Could u also send the report on UTESA.Any other universities who teach in english expect these 2. I wonder why there are so many medical colleges in DR for such a small population.Please i would also like to know about living expenses. thanks
mikram

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Sandhu, You are going to the DR to get your MD. You don't know Spanish. You are a dope. You don't know much about the university you are going to attend. You are a dope.

"....me there web address...." it's "their", not "there"

Sandhu

Nov 26, 2002
I almost searched all the medical schools on the IMED site to find the most ecnomical and fast track programme to get degree in Medicine. I can't really afford to go to any medical school in US and don't really wanna be in debt for all my life as most doctors after getting their degree in US do. Other schools in DR exept UTESA and UNIBE don't have their web sites in English and I guess these are the only two schools that teach in English. I am looking forward that I will come to know a lot more about studying in DR from this forum.
Sandhu

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That is because the best programs are taught in Spanish. And believe it or not, we have had several successful Pakistanis complete their degrees and open successful practices.
Plan on learning spanish if you want the better education.

HB

mikramjafri

Nov 25, 2002
Wow that is awesome,Well i have no resource for learning spanish i would have to do it there.Also i am in the 5 year program the 1st year is spanish so i would hopefully learn.I am somehow getting a great impression about the DR. I must confess living all my life in the US (almost) and knowing nothing about the DR where i am going to be in a month i was scared but i getting to know so much about ur country. Thanks to all u people and this great forum.Thanks alot.Although i am going to trouble u with billions of question just to let u know u guys are nice and patient people.
Cya
mikram

Sandhu

Nov 26, 2002
Which university are you going mikran and which semester?
Also tell me where in US are U living.

mikramjafri

Nov 25, 2002
I am going to UNIBE hopefully.I am going to the jan semester for the pre med program there. I would finish my med in 6 years.Right now i am a high school grad from pickerington,ohio.
how about u. my email is mikramjafri@yahoo.com. If you want to know anything.how about u ?
just to let u know i would prefer Unibe over UTESA
mikram