Long Pants

macrab

Nov 10, 2002
Many resorts specify that long pants are required at dinner(supper) time. When we went to the Riu Bambu we found that probably 1/2 the people wore long pants and the other 1/2 wore shorts and it was never a problem.
We are going to the Club Viva Dominicus Palace in Dec and would like to know what the norm is there, both for the buffet part and the specialty restaraunts as well as the Club Viva Dominicus Beach.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Easy!!!!

Why dont you bring a pair of long pants and your shorts just in case. Either way you will be safe

TW

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Or better yet bring the "zip-off" leg pants that convert to shorts!
They're all the style right now and you'll be covered either way......

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Long Pants @ Riu

Hi macrab,

Greetings from Atlantic Canada.

Riu Bambu is a ClubHotel. Within the Riu chain long pants are not required at ClubHotels as they are considered somewhat less formal resorts. Non-sports shorts are just fine in all restaurants. This is not the case at Riu Hotels or Riu Palaces.

Gregg

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Is there anything wrong with dressing a bit for dinner? I mean, who wants to see your lobster red legs?
Use the idea with the zip-offs....

HB

domingo

Dec 4, 2002
Pants

Hello Macrab:
Just returned from the Dominicus Palace. While I don't think there was an actual rule specifying pants, I found that most men did wear them. Not really an issue for the buffets but definitely in the a la carte restaurants (i.e. Bambu and La Scala). Plus, those two restaurants are air-conditioned so you might want to wear them anyway. Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, feel free to post.