Please check on this Lawyer for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helen

Jan 1, 2002
I need to verify if this lawyer who is operating out of Imbert is legitimate and if she is registered with the Dominican Law Association.
Her name is: Claredele Mercado
I require the information fairly quickly so if someone could check on this for me, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,Helen

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Rather than do a check on a lawyer many of us have never heard of, why don't you use a lawyer that we know and posts on DR1 and has an excellent reputation?

Just a thought...

Helen

Jan 1, 2002
Because...

Hi all,
The reason I did not use the lawyer suggested by Robert is that I require one from Puerto Plata. This was one which was retained by my husband. In any case, I now have a friend who will be checking on this for me so, thanks for trying.
Helen

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Re: Because...

Helen said:
Hi all,
The reason I did not use the lawyer suggested by Robert is that I require one from Puerto Plata. This was one which was retained by my husband. In any case, I now have a friend who will be checking on this for me so, thanks for trying.
Helen
Helen
Why does your lawyer need to be from Puerto Plata?I dont know any legality that states a lawyer must be from a specific city.Fabio is from Sosua which is very close to Puerto Plata.:cool:

Helen

Jan 1, 2002
Johnny...

I do not know about the legalities in the DR and is relying on my husband to start the process. He is in Puerto Plata so, it makes it easier for him. I do not know why he went to Imbert for this particular lawyer. Maybe, he thought it would be easier since we got married in Imbert.
On another note - I had no idea that Fabio is in Sosua! Assumed (incorrectly!) that he was based in Ste Domingo. Shows you how much I know. Luckily, I do have a very knowledgeable and capable friend in Puerto Plata who is checking into several things for me!
Thanks again

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Please dont take this as a reflection on your husband but the whole thing smells fishy I have seen a lot of people get taken for a ride by their trusted loved ones make sure you check ths lawyer out thoroughly if it involves anything to do with money.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I guess this could be the reason she was asking in the first place Johnny.

Helen

Jan 1, 2002
Right again, Anna

You're right, Anna. I am checking things out as I'm not about to fork over a considerable sum of money to find out years later that I am still a married woman! God forbid!!!
I have since been given further information from a really reliable source so, I will be proceeding on my own with the lawyer which my friend is recommending, & not this Mercado woman. Thanks again everyone.
Rob - Time to close thread, si?!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I think that is a wise move Helen. I would question a lawyer from Altamira??? Come on! I looked for her in the phone bood, and she was not listed.

HB

Status
Not open for further replies.