Can anyone help me locate my brother?

Laurie Notch

Nov 29, 2002
I joined this list to see if I might find a way to locate my brother who lives and works in the DR. His name is Jeffery Stone and he works for Berlitz Language School in Santo Domingo. I had been in email contact with him for several months when his account suddenly closed. I tried to look up the Berlitz School's DR webpage but it won't open. I plan to visit him in december and need to locate him. If anyone can get me anumber or information as to how I might track down my brother, I'd appreciate it. My email address is tyhrx@aol.com

Thank you.

Laurie Notch

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Google search # 254

Here's the address and number of Berlitz in SDQ:

Dial 1-809 first.

Centro De Idiomas Berlitz
Av 27 De Febrero 589
Santo Domingo
412-8770

From http://dr.superpages.com/index.phtml?SRC=

Also any Berlitz in the world would have this info, so you can call a local outlet. You are right though the DR country page is broken.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Whatever you do, don't write to him

Laurie Notch said:
To ricktoronto:

Thanks for the information. :)

If you post a letter to him at home or Berlitz you will beat it there by a few months if you are going in December.

And scold him for not giving you his home or cell #. You can call with the various calling cards for a few pennies a minute and get some peace of mind.

FYI he is not in the DR white pages under that name anyway, probably has a cell instead.

FedEx works if you HAVE to send a note or something.

Laurie Notch

Nov 29, 2002
Actaully, I have his home phone number but all I get is his answering machine. I have left messages asking him to call me collect, but no reply. He had been emailing me regularly until a couple of weeks ago. Then his email account was closed for some reason. This makes me worried.

I plan on calling Berlitz tomorrow to see if they know where he is. I sure hope nothing has happened to him.

I sure appreciate your spreading the word throught the expat grapevine. Maybe someone knows something.

At any rate, I will let you know what Berlitz has to say.

Thanks so much for your concern.

Laurie

wijnand

Dec 3, 2002
Laurie,

My girlfriend also works at Berlitz. She just told me that she saw your brother yesterday. This afternoon, at work, she will tell him your are looking for him.

Regards,
Wijnand

Laurie Notch

Nov 29, 2002
Hey guys, I got a hold of him. He recently moved to Bocachica and has no phone at the moment. He was unable to email until this week. At any rate, I am relieved to know that he is all right. Thanks so much for all your concern and help.

Sincerely,

Laurie

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Remind Him That

Laurie Notch said:
Hey guys, I got a hold of him. He recently moved to Bocachica and has no phone at the moment. He was unable to email until this week. At any rate, I am relieved to know that he is all right. Thanks so much for all your concern and help.

Sincerely,

Laurie

For $100 or less, he can buy a good Codetel (or even Orange) activated pay as you use it phone and you can call him (using calling cards at the 4 or 5 cents a minute rate from USA) and he pays nothing at all to receive calls. Contact is important and easy and cheap.

Now guys read the lines. "Quote 12/01/02" Laurie Notch:<br>
Actaully, I have his home phone number but all I get is his answering machine. I have left messages asking him to call me collect, but no reply. He had been emailing me regularly until a couple of weeks ago.<br>"Quote: 12/03/02 Laurie Notch:"Hey guys, I got a hold of him. He recently moved to Bocachica and has no phone at the moment.<br>
Now how do you get an answering machine if he had moved and has NO phone??????

Laurie Notch

Nov 29, 2002
Yes, the fact his voicemail at his old address was still activated is an interesting question. I can't tell you why or how, just that I did get his voicemail.

Thanks for the info about Codotel. I'll be sure to ask him about that. Thanks again for your help.

Laurie