Haiti on fire -Part II

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
In one of my recent posts days ago I used this description of what the situation looked like inside Haiti from what I have been hearing in the streets, including a Haitian engineer who travels there all the time. Fire is not the word. It is more like a holocaust.

Mobs are burning everything on sight. Drug lords are now controlling Haiti. Aristide is practicly out of power. His police force is defenseless against the weaponry being exhibited by the mafia.Even Aristide haters in DR now see him as the only leader capable of maintaining at least sensible communications with the rest of the world. But the man is isolated. George Bush has pulled the rug from under him and his days are numbered. If he lasts over the weekend it would be a miracle. But most likely, Aristide will be out by next week, if not killed.

Aristide, like all corrupted presidents in trouble is seeking a deal for political asylum for him, his family and a large number of his aides, but unfortunately George Bush hates his guts and besides almost everyone in his government has had their U.S. visas cancelled, just like some of our Dominican counterparts in Hippo*s ring of fear. The State Department has flatly said no. In other words they have said: "defend yourself or die!!!"

The chances that Aristide will come to DR are also slim and none, because he would be a dead man in weeks, with so many of his enemies in DR, including his most feared coup conspirators. Even abroad he is not safe. He also may face an international summons from the World Court for crimes against humanity and corruption, His bank accounts abroad are full of dollars stolen from Haiti*s foreign aid. The man is in deep sh..t!!

So is Haiti. So are we. Because we are going to be force-fed Haitian refugees by the American troops, which will not be able to contain the onslaught. American troops are afraid of Haitians, because Haitians have the most feared weapon in the arsenal of destruction.....disease!! Haitian refugees will be like walking chemical weapons carrying AIDS, diftheria, Dengue, syphilis, hepatitis B and C and unknown parasite from eating soil. The least of Aristide problems was the health of his countrymen, and it shows in the world health statistics.
Doomsday is here.

TW

Jwb

Jan 10, 2002
Enough on Haiti already

Can you honestly and objectively give me an honest answer to why you hate Aristide so much ?

I mean, I know why the American sweat shop owners hate him.

(He attempted to organize a union labor, and establish a mimimum wage limit.)

I know why the drug dealing Haitian elites hate him?

(Michele Francois, the ex police chief of the capital was on the books as legaly earning 2K U.S dollars a month. However, he managed to purchase a furniture factory in Honduras for millions of U.S dollars.)

But you, what have you to gain? .

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Jwb

Maybe the question you ought to have is why does George Bush hate him so much after the U.S. government and the State Department did so much to place him in power, knowing full well this was going to happen? Why does George Bush have Aristide in the same regard as Saddam Hussein? Why is Bush going to waste him in spite of the fact that the others are worst?

Very simple: the guy is a no good liar and traitor, who does anything behind your back to betray you. He did something to Bush and anybody who Bush does not like I dont like. That simple.

But the positive side is that I like Aristide better than the mafia that is taking over Haiti. But it might be too little too late. He will not survive.

TW

S

SDecatur

Bush/Arisitide

golo said:
Maybe the question you ought to have is why does George Bush hate him so much after the U.S. government and the State Department did so much to place him in power, knowing full well this was going to happen? Why does George Bush have Aristide in the same regard as Saddam Hussein? Why is Bush going to waste him in spite of the fact that the others are worst?

Very simple: the guy is a no good liar and traitor, who does anything behind your back to betray you. He did something to Bush and anybody who Bush does not like I dont like. That simple.

But the positive side is that I like Aristide better than the mafia that is taking over Haiti. But it might be too little too late. He will not survive.

TW

Where do you obtain your rather verbose, shall we say "biased" rhetoric regarding GWB's personal opinion of Arisitide? if he hates him so much, why bother sending US troops to "protect" Haitians and as you say, help them cross into the DR?

I think you are letting your personal dislike for Haitians influence what YOU believe to be the feelings of the American President

Jwb

Jan 10, 2002
Golo,

Allow me to take take the simplistic view point here.

Out of fairness and in following the principles of Democracy, Aristide was elected by his countrymen to serve a Five year term. He should be allowed to serve every minute of it, for no other reason other than it's the law. When the next election period comes around, his opponents should in turn campaign and capitalize on president Aristide's poor economic policies and failed political strategies. If they present an improved course of direction for the country, they may be the next occupants of the Haitian white house.

I dissagree with your position of " Overthrowing" political leaders that does not suit your business interest and overall agenda, It sets a bad example and is down right "hypocritical ".

The problem that so called political idealist like you fail to realize Golo, is that when these political chaos take place, it's alway the innocent people who suffer, and rest assure a mass exodus of Haitians (don't forget they are Black, and as you often call them " ugly with big noses") will ultimately cross the border in droves.

You see, Haiti has a terrible problem. her citizens are faced with having to choose it's president from a very bad litter. The Right wing party called "Convergence" is made up of ex Duvalier officials who were mostly drug dealers and American pupets, versus the extereme left called "Lavalas" which is a party made up of incompetent high school like strategist that means well, but lack political savy.

If my memory serves me right, in the last American campaign there was a controversy of who was the clear winner of the election. President Bush came in to office without a shot being fired and he is expected to serve his entire full term. Why shouldn't the same standard be applied in Haiti.

Democracy evolves golo. Mistakes are often made and sometimes the wrong person is hired for the job, but that is expected. Each candidate is expected to learn something from his predecessor.

Unless you prefer another Senor Fidel, I would advise you sit this one out.

Petaka

Nov 8, 2002
As I see it.

My opinion is that those US soldiers are going to make sure Aristide remains in power.

They will be sitting at the border to make sure the Haitians make it through without paying toll to Dominicans the way they do presently.

I can see it now! Hordes of Hatians dumping all their feces around those glimmering Piantini apartments.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Hey SDecatur

Bush has a two-prong idea. One is to ease Haitians into the border so he does not have to take responsibility for the problems of Haiti and dump the whole thing on us, of course giving us some $$aid along the way. That way he doesn't have to do it himself.

And as to GWB's hate for Aristide, unless you check U.S. pocily towards Haiti since Bush took office you will never understan what I mean by his hate.

And, at this stage of the game, even though Aristide is an international bandit, I prefer he stays in office rather than the mafia that will take over.

TW

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
golo said:

And, at this stage of the game, even though Aristide is an international bandit, I prefer he stays in office rather than the mafia that will take over.

TW

TW, Are you advocating "The devil you know is better than the devil you don't know"? If, that is the case, we just better leave Hippo alone too. Regards, PJT