Santiago

KNAPEE1

Oct 24, 2002
Hello, I will be coming to D.R., Santiago in January, to study at PUCMM for the semester. I am a 27 year old african-american male, and I was wondering what I can expect in Santiago (discotecas, clubs, bars, music). Also lately I've seen the exchange rate at about $1 us=$20 R.D., what can I expect to pay for expenses? I'll be living with a family through my exchange program and food, room board, books, and classes are paid through my program fees. I was interested in knowing the prices of other activities such as trips to the beach, (hotel, meals, entertainment, drinks, etc.) Any help I could receive from anyone would be really helpful. Also, how is the social life, dating etc. I have a double major in Special education and Spanish so I am able to communicate in Spanish for this is reason I am coming to Santiago, to study Spanish at PUCMM.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Be prepared to study. I am assuming you are coming on the IEEE or something similar? You will be treated as a student, and you will be older than 95% of all the students at the university. There are a lot of black exchange students at the university this semester, and they seem to have been doing fine. There is not much time to party if you are going to study. If you party you die!
I guess it depends on how much you want to study....

HB
znaika.gif