DR1 NYC Reminder

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
Just wanted to remind everyone the NYC DR1 Reunion is right around the corner...which I know you're all anxiously awaiting. We still haven't settled for a time so I am going to say 7pm and you can all chime in on wheater that's good for you or not. We are meeting at Boca Chica on the lower east side and then deciding on an after party spot while at dinner. Now, I just need a final count of who's planning on meeting us so I can make reservations.

...before I forget can I also get a big BOOOOH for Meredith who has found an excuse not to join us. :disappoin BOOOH!!!!!

DR1 NYC Reunion - Saturday, December 7th...7pm
Boca Chica
13 1st Ave
New York, NY 10003
212-473-0108

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I think we should announce this in the Daily News, you might even get 1 or 2 more, especially as it goes out to 12,000+ people and a bunch of them are in New York. What email do I give them "DR Techie" to make reservations?

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Techie, I am in the DR now getting a good tan so I will look more Dominiman than you but my cell number is 914-262-9819 if there are any changes. Otherwise I will make it. I may be a little late to dinner or may just want to catch up to you after dinner but won't know until I get back to NY tomorrow.

Regards
Escott

(Back to the beach for that last minute tan!@)

ShoortyLov

Nov 15, 2002
DRTechie...

I'll join you guys...I will just have to remember!! lol I'll probably drive to NYC on Friday night afterwork...still planning....

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
Tech, don't even try to BOOOH me, you know my deal!
Have fun everyone! I am still going to NYC from the Sunday to the Wednesday, if you are bored and want to meet up, let me know!

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
techie

I am 90% on the dinner and 100% on going out afterwards somewhere.Are we going to the Copa or somewhere else?
Larry

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
DRtechie...

Considering how freezingly cold it is here in NYC today, if the weather's not too bad this Saturday, and if there's no snow blizzard in sight, may I join you guys at the reunion? :nervous:

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
Larry I haven't decided on Copa yet just because I want to see what kind of mood everyone is going to be in on saturday. It's still a possibility though.

Indie of course you can join us. With the forecast calling for a high of only 37 degrees on saturday a little merengue might just be what you need in order to stay warm...bring dancing shoes.

confirmed so far:
Myself
Larry
Escott
Shoorty
Indie

where are the rest of you hiding?

Last edited:

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
Oooooh...

Little ol' me and all those men?

It'll be warm alright! Thanks techie!

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
Robert - My mailbox has been bombarded with requests for information regarding the reunion. Thanks for getting the word out.

confirmed so far:
Myself
Larry
Escott
Shoorty (Kathy)
Indie
Lina
Daniel Roca
Seth Kugel (NY Times Journalist)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
That's cool! The more the better, let's hope they all turn up. Sounds like it will be a blast!

L

leonardo1267

I am new here, but I am Dominican and I am an Ex-hotel animator, can I joint the party?
My cell:917-495-7607

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
Leonardo we'll see you there!

Larry - I'll be getting to the restaurant early to make sure we get our table. I am thinking 6:30, maybe earlier...are you up for a little happy hour before everyone get's in? anyone else willing to keep me company? Also, I have to report to National Guard duty early on sunday morning so I won't be joining you guys for the after party...Larry if you don't mind can you take charge of that?

confirmed so far:
Myself
Larry
Escott
Shoorty (Kathy)
Indie
Lina
Daniel Roca
Seth Kugel (NY Times Journalist)
Leonardo
Mcinbrass...for after party...
Wanda & hubbie

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Copa Saturday features...

THE COPA AS YOU'VE ALWAYS KNOWN IT...

THE CARMEN MIRANDA ROOM FEATURES...

ORQUESTA GUAYACAN

FRANKIE MORALES

LOS HERMANOS MORENO

AMARFIS

Top DJ'S in THE COPA ROOM spinning The Best of Classics, House, Hip Hop, R&B, and Dance.

Doors Open

10pm to 5am

$20 Admission

Table Reservations $30 includes admission plus a 2 drink minimum.

Call for reservations 212 239-COPA

Dress to impress... NO Jeans of any kind! NO sneakers or boots

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Techie

I might be a little late for dinner but I am a definate for the party afterwards.Why dont we just pick a place in the vicinity of the restaurant so none of the out of towners gets lost.Ruben or anyone else have any suggestions?I might not be able to get on-line all day tomorrow because I am going to be working all damn day and evening so lets get the plan straightened out ASAP.I will be home and on line all day Saturday.How about you Lina??Pick a good place to go.
Larry

RedrumXIII

Jun 20, 2002
I live nearby in Gramercy, but i'll be at the Spanish Cinema Now series at Walter Reade practically all day... dunno if I can make it.. would love to though...

redrum