Now Reality Hits....got Laid Off Today...relocating To Dr...

ShoortyLov

Nov 15, 2002
Ok...Remember that my first post was stating that I'm relocating...but I still had not gotten laid off from my job, therefore all plans were actually frozen until that day came...which in my mind was not until April of 2003.

The reality just kicked in..I got laid off today, and I will still have a job until the end of this month....this is the time where I need to start setting my tasks on reaching my goal in relocating ASAP.

My plans for now are to finish my master's cert as a Microsoft Engineer, which I'll be done by the end of February, beginning of April the latest...and then work on getting a job in Santo Domingo. I'll be living in my parent's newly built residencial in "Los Rosales" until I finally find get a comfortable/decent/cheap(lol) own home purchased.

To tell you guys the thruth...I'm now more spectic about leaving lol...now that the day has come...I'm all scared and stuff lol lol lol But I KNOW i'll make it!!!

Now...That's why you guys are here...Any job openings, or anything that might help me on my new adventure...pls send it my way!!!

KPC

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
With computer/Microsoft training, you should do okey. This is good equipment to bring with you. Codetel, Tricom, the banks, the Cardnet, the ATM people all need wise computer people. Now you seem to have something I like.....if course you can always open your shop on the weekends...

HB

ShoortyLov

Nov 15, 2002
You know that's always on the look out...I planning on applying to work hopefully on a prestigious salon part time, unti I start on opening my own shop ;o)

cmrincon

Dec 2, 2002
ShoortyLov said:
Ok...Remember that my first post was stating that I'm relocating...but I still had not gotten laid off from my job, therefore all plans were actually frozen until that day came...which in my mind was not until April of 2003.

The reality just kicked in..I got laid off today, and I will still have a job until the end of this month....this is the time where I need to start setting my tasks on reaching my goal in relocating ASAP.

My plans for now are to finish my master's cert as a Microsoft Engineer, which I'll be done by the end of February, beginning of April the latest...and then work on getting a job in Santo Domingo. I'll be living in my parent's newly built residencial in "Los Rosales" until I finally find get a comfortable/decent/cheap(lol) own home purchased.

To tell you guys the thruth...I'm now more spectic about leaving lol...now that the day has come...I'm all scared and stuff lol lol lol But I KNOW i'll make it!!!

Now...That's why you guys are here...Any job openings, or anything that might help me on my new adventure...pls send it my way!!!

KPC

Hola,

This is not an answer to your post, I have question I live in Anchorage, Alaska. And what I was wondering is what is it like there in the Dominican? Is it beautiful there, what kind of jobs are there and how can one make as a cashier there or a janitor? and what about the rent for a 1 bedroom. Now here in Anchorage you can start out at $7.89 at wherer I work at in us dollars and go as high as 16-18 an hour. and the cheapest 1 bedroom here i found was 525.00 a month.

Are you american or dominican? or should i say mexican?
Me i am half white and half indian. Is it hard to live there and make good money? I am worried that this guy I met here will end up moving back there since I met him a few months back and now there's this issue back there, when he visited last year and maybe got a girl pregnant there so there going to do a dna test to make sure if this is his baby or not he's hoping this is not his baby. Does it take a long time to find out something like this?

thanks,
Charlotte

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Read the archives, do a search, all your questions will be answered.

cashier or a janitor? Around US$180-220 per month.