12 more days

Jamerican71

Apr 18, 2002
I am super excited about my upcoming trip to Puerto Plata in just 12 days!!! I haven't posted a lot but I sure have been reading and getting lots of info for my trip! Thanks to erybody here, I feel super prepared and ready to go! This will be my first time in the DR but being from Jamaica I suspect that I will be able to handle what comes my way!

Any last minute advice? Things I must see and do?

I called the DR embassy in DC to ask them about traveling with my nephew and they say all he needs is an authorization letter (from his mother and signed by the embassy) and his birth certificate to get into and out of the DR. His mother isn't traveling with us so I guess this is why they require it - anybody have experiences with that.

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
I would guess no one had an answer for you.Although I am unfamiliar with American laws In most countrys you need documented proof that you have permission from both parents to take them out of the country,this is to prevent abduction .I think its a logical thing to do what with parental kidnaping and black market child slavery dont you think?
J.H.

Jamerican71

Apr 18, 2002
"I would guess no one had an answer for you." well, it sure looks like that, I was feeling left out.

"I think its a logical thing to do what with parental kidnaping and black market child slavery dont you think?" I definitely agree with you