Is Punta Cana in DR?

tony_tiger

Dec 5, 2002
www.stylewest.tv
Thanks PJT

Thanks for your super fast reply -

>>>original question: is Punta Cana in DR?

I kind of knowing that it's in Punta Cana but couldn't confirm by any internet's sources that it's actually a part of DR (it seems nothing much happenning there - ALL GOOD NEWS IN OTHER WORDS) .

Anyway, my main interests in Punta Cana is the Ford's Supermodels of the World Final. I'm responsible for following the progress of the Australian entry but couln't find a reliable English media source (most of them are in Spanish!). I'm hoping that this forum will save my day!

Cheers

Tony from Australia

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Tony, If you have not done so before, when you click on the dr1.com logo in the top left hand corner of this webpage you will obtain the dr1 webpage of the Dominican News in English, the event may be covered.

Do you know what resort is holding the final and the dates? I suspect it may be the Barcelo Resort and Convention Center, they usually have a lock on these types entertainment. Regards, PJT

tony_tiger

Dec 5, 2002
www.stylewest.tv
PJT
Thanks for the tips about the English version of dr1.com
It's a very good English media site but still, I doubt that their staff will be working late Sat or Sunday to update the site and also, the event may not be news worthy for them so once again, my main hope is still this forum!
Tony from Australia

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
In other words.........Are you looking for someone from this forum who will be in Punta Cana on Dec.7th and can "update" you as to how the Australian model does in the competition?????

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
tony_tiger you will be pleased to know that dr1.com does have some "Australian" in it. I spent 7 years living in Sydney.

tony_tiger

Dec 5, 2002
www.stylewest.tv
MommC > anyone at all in DR who will be watching the competition live on TV. We will watch a delayed broadcast so it's best to beat the crowd by having the news, that is if Nicole wins one of the 5 prizes.

Robert> it's good to hear, I too lived in Sydney for 10 years until moving to Perth, Western Australia last year. Sydney is burning at the moment with a dozen of bush fires around the perimeter of the city.