The Big Apple under attack..

JROD

Jan 3, 2002
The Big Apple is under attack by a snow storm. So far, They're predicting 6-8 inches of the white stuff. While contemplating the flakes as they hit the ground, I can only imagine myself back in DR holding a green bottle in one hand and my fox-dame on the other .. WOE !!.. Well, is back to work time.. see ya in April.. Oh, yes does anyone knows the name of the glue that Hillbilly buys. Somehow he manages to have a Presidente glued to his hand..
any info will be appreciated..

Adios,

JROD (primus inter pares)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I guess we (DR residents) shouldn't complain so hard about everything around us, atleast we are under the sun.
Hey Jazzy, whats the depth of snow in woodstock?

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
You call that attack?

6 to 8 inches is chicken feed. I was there during a 12" storm!!!

TW

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I was in russia (many years ago) and it seemed like 2 feet of snow in month of april.
I also remember the (1976 or was it 79) NYC blizzard....wow, I just can't live through it again.
Viva DR.!!!!!!!

JROD

Jan 3, 2002
Yo' AZB

Tell me, is 'Ahi Bar' still in business in Santiago? I love that place.
Maybe on my next trip, we call have a couple of COLD ONES there.
Have you noticed all the fine ladies that go there?. First round is on me. My next trip to DR is in April.. Maybe HB can join. Keep in touch..

JROD (primus inter pares)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Geez....What a bunch of wimps!!!!!
6-8 inches is nothing.....almost not worth getting the shovel out to clear the driveway........:)

jbhermes

Sep 10, 2002
no kidding Mommc

I'm from Minnesota--6 - 8 inches is nowhere near a "storm"!! Course, anymore than 2 inches and I call in sick but so?

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
In Dec. of 96 there was 25" within a 24 hr period. It shut the city down for 48 hrs. That is even a storm in Minn. ; it just doesn't slow you guys down much.

jbhermes

Sep 10, 2002
nope

You're right...wouldn't slow us down much. We'd just get to work on snowmobiles and skis. No problem! ;)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Jrod, Ahi-bar is the only bar in monumental area which is full almost everyday of the week. I was there 2 days ago and almost had to look for an empty table. The girls are sweet and come in a group. Come on over and lets have a few cold one and then maybe a hot one for you, if we get lucky.

JROD

Jan 3, 2002
AZB...

You're right. I was there in July and it was always packed. You know what, when I go there, this area brings so many memories, good and bad to me. I grew up in that 'hood and where this bar is built, I used to play when it was an empty lot.. yeas ago.. I was 7 years old... see ya then !!!.

Jrod (primus inter pares)

puppylove

Nov 24, 2002
... 6 inches... that's a joke...
Normally, we're in a white wonderland from October to May... but most of all the temp is something to talk about...
Just yesterday we had -32 C which works out to about -25 F (I checked the conversion) Now that's cold!!! It can freeze parts you don't want to talk about.... ah...
Now getting back to snow, I remember snow so high you could barely see the snow plows behind the snow banks....
What keeps me going is thinking about the DR on a regular basis.
Keeps my dreams alive!

Enjoy the sun, and have a "ron y coque' or a 'Presidente' for me.

Just bundled up and dreaming..... From the Canadian Pairies.

Sharon

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Let's see. today was cool, and in the 80s. Light breeze with some very light , and much needed, rain in the P.M.
Tomorrow, more of the same....

I was in NY/NJ for the 76-77 winter! UGH!! Had to by Mrs HB crampons to walk the three blocks to school!!

HB, ahhhhh, otra fr?a, por favor...

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
the office was cleared out by 3pm today...I would've been gone too if there was any chance of making it out to the slopes..

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
:)
Atta gal Pib.......rub it in!!!
Damn and we STILL don't have our new passports (so much for the they'll be here in 10 days!!!) so it looks like if they don't come in tomorrow we'll "sit by the fire" until AFTER Christmas before we head down. Of course by then I might not be able to move at all and the ole man can just package me up and ship me down (Fedex -to make sure I get there!!) :)

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
Tom F., '95 or '96?

I remember 2' + of snow. Roads in NJ/NY were restricted to police/emergency vehicles only. Local tv stations asked for anyone w/ a 4x4 to help transport sick/injured/doctors/nurses. I spent 18 non-stop hours shuttling hospital and e- personell to and fro. The streets in North Jersey were desolate. It was a challenge just getting gas to keep my Landcruiser and snowblower going. That was a STORM! It felt good to help out and the certificates of appreciation from law enforcement and a hospital helped heal my aching back........Looking forward to FL weather shortly!

Jerry

Jan 1, 2002
www.livinginsantiago.com
Well I was caught in that storm today on my way from PA back to Niagara Falls. The roads were not good, the 4.5 hour trip took me over 8.

But if you want to talk snow fall, last year it started on Christmas eve and lasted 5 days. When it was done the Buffalo airport had over 80" of snow. Not bad.

Jerry

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
I hope the snow clear up by the 22nd, Iam heading to NYC for
christmas and new year (God I hate the cold weather) but have
to go overthere, all the family live there.