Phobias

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
If you've ever wondered what name is given to your phobia(s), you will find it at http://www.phobialist.com/index.html This site won't tell you how to get rid of it, but you will at least know what it is called.

Jan started a thread this week on the noise outside her apartment in the Colonial Zone? Does she have acousticophobia?

AZB often makes known his hostility against the Jews. Could it be he has judeophobia?

Having lived in the tropics for so many years, I discovered that my fear of extreme cold, ice or frost is cryophobia. And sitting in the front seat of the publico going pell mell toward Puerto Plata, I sometime wonder if I'm developing amarophobia, the fear of riding in a car.

One phobia that will serve you well in the DR is dikephobia, the fear of justice.

And if more European men had cypridophobia/cypriphobia, the fear of prostitutes or veneral disease, there would be a decrease in the number of tourists.

One phobia that I haven't detected among the regular posters is caligynephobia, the fear of beautiful women. I don't think there are any sufferers, either, of ithyphallophobia, the fear of seeing, thinking about or having an erect penis.