False Prophets in DR!!!!

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
I was disgusted reading a post in the "Living" forum about a DR1 poster who is being accused of deceiving people who need specific services in DR. I replied to that post and quoted myself below, because I want the most read forum to have this information:

golo said:
Ever since I joined this board I have always maintained that the reason for this board is to promote DR, promote communications between people interested in DR and helping those who wish to know about Dominican life and things....of course all of this...FREE OF CHARGE!!!

In spite of the fact that many of us, myself included, could easily become con men/women and utilize our knowledge to extort money from the many people who have these wonderful dreams about our country, I know that most of us are honestly trying to uphold the value of this board for what it is meant to be.

However, just like everywhere else there are jerks who do more harm to our country than some of our home grown criminals. I sure hope that people understand that information about DR is FREE. You should not have to pay for advice on jobs, immigration,the economy, information about tourism, apartment and house hunting and other services. You should be able to gather enough here in DR! without having to pay "Buscones". I hate buscones with a passion, just like I hate street vendors who hound our tourists and make them wish they never come back. Naturally there are some services that require professional help, and in that case, we can provide insights as to the right and wrong people...also FREE OF CHARGE:

If you ever feel that something is too good to be true, or someone is charging you for a service, please address me directly to DR1 thru any forum. Do not e-mail me. My answers have to be known to everyone in the forum. This is the best way to preserve integrity and misunderstandings. But please...dont waste your money with false prophets.

TW

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
golo said:
I was disgusted reading a post in the "Living" forum about a DR1 poster who is being accused of deceiving people who need specific services in DR.

What post was that, golo? I missed it I guess, since I don't recall seeing it.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The one about being careful with stuff from Diana Pelligrin, I think....

When it is too good to be true, it usually is....

HB

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Golo
Just so it is clear,I posted this accusation based on facts provided by several victims of this person on a board used daily by many long term residents.If you read the thread you will also note I invited her to defend herself,I am not a person who makes false accusations or takes these things lightly.Respectfully
Johnny
p.s. She also knows me very well,I dont hide.