2 bedroom apartment on or near beach

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
Hi guys,
We are working very hard to get everything together to be in the DR by Feb 1st. We are looking for a two bedroom apartment with a kitchen on or very near a beach. We would like to have a pool, even if the apt is on the beach. We found a couple in Las Terrenas for under $400US per month.

All we are looking for is a place to veg-out for a month or two and collect our thoughts. We do want to be on the north shore. We have two pretty little kids, so we need a fairly calm surf. If anyone has any recommendations, please let us know!! We are at a loss as to where to begin once we get there, so we are going to find a resting place to get started. We are looking for a fairly inexpensive place until we get our finances straightened out. We don't want to get locked into a higher rent, just to find out that we don't have enough money left over to eat. ( I am sure that it won't be that bad...but, you know what I mean.)

Thanks to everyone who has helped so far, and thanks in advance to anyone who has a suggestion.

The Mainers (for another month)

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
Mainer,
I tried to reply to the email you sent me but there is something wrong with your address-my mail to you kept getting bounced back. Try sending me the message again and I will try once again to get a reply back to you. How about getting a hotmail account?

Lucy

Jan 7, 2002
My brother has a nice 2 bedroom with a view of the ocean. Is on the 3rd floor of a nice builiding right in the center of town. If you like, you can email me for his number.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
mainer, send an email to Dean Brown. I saw him at La Roca this evening and he said there were several Cabarete apartments very near the beach that he could get you in for under $400/month.

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
Andy,
I resent an email. We went to New Jersey for the weekend, and my account may have filled up with spam.

Ken,
Thanks, I never thought about asking Dean about apartments. Is the beach at Cabarete okay for the kids? I guess I picture it as a little rough.

Mainer

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
mainer said:
Thanks, I never thought about asking Dean about apartments. Is the beach at Cabarete okay for the kids? I guess I picture it as a little rough.

Depends on which part of the beach you will be near. I think it would be worth contacting Dean for more details.

Having lived in Samana for many years, and being familiar with Las Terrenas, I think you would find live easier in the Sosua/Cabarete area, certainly with respect to availability of supermarkets and medical services.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Ican put you in contact with a couple of ppl who rent but it would be higher than $400US/ month and would be in Juan Dolio on the south coast. Don't know if you're looking for work but it would be near Santo Domingo/San Pedro and on the beach (or across the road from it). Let me know by PM if you are interested and I'll send you the #'s