someone from unibe

mikramjafri

Nov 25, 2002
I already posted and got alot of info on the univerisities.I have alrdy gotten in UTESA but now i have made sure UNIBE is better and would like to go there instead could any1 help me out.
I am looking for admission in Pre-med.Is itpossible to get admission when i get there a week or 2 behind the starting of classes. I think admissions to premed are not competitive and they are also asking for my orignal documents which i want to show them personally could any1 please help me out i would be very greatful waiting for urgent reply.

mikramjafri

Nov 25, 2002
I am also wondering if a student will tell me if i need a prerequiste to my education at the premed level.LoL.Dad tells me to study i dont know what to study.
thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
`You will not get in if classes have started. You must have institution to institution communication of things like transcripts. If you take them there, they will not be accepted, except a possible references. You Do not know what you are doing. Go to school a few more years and take some basic sciences..

HB

Last edited:

GHABG

Oct 8, 2002
Your writing "skills" lead me to believe that you are not ready for any university. But, I'll gladly help. I suggest you attend a school in the area where you live, earn a bachelors degree (or at least an associate degree from a junior college) before coming here. I attend UNIBE. I know little about UTESA or their medical program. If you do not speak Spanish, do not come here. If your father insists that you attend school here, endeavor to learn Spanish. As for transferring, it's not a good idea. I suggest you do 100% of the pre-med education at the school you ultimately want to attend. That is to say, if you want to attend UNIBE, do not begin at UTESA. If that means waiting a semester, then use the time to study Spanish, medical terminology or perhaps English composition. In fact, I recommend all three. Regardless, I wish you good fortune.

mikramjafri

Nov 25, 2002
regardless of your comments.Thanks very much.
Highly appreciated.Just dont want to waste my time writing a paper on a forum.

Lee-Lee

Oct 17, 2002
dude......
SUPPOSE you got into undergrad there and let's just say that by some miracle you got into med school... the chances of you getting into the residence training of your choice and practicing in your country of origin are slim-to nil..... and you might as well forget about specializing there too.

word of advice.... having been in that game, having researched it all, and having watched many people's dreams go down the toilet (not because they lacked brains as much as INFO about what they're doing)... i'd suggest these few things:

1) get informed..... you'd be surprised that this factor is just as important as getting a clean GPA. i did most of my searches via the internet AND the guidance councellor knew me by first name....... so get your facts straight from the right sources. Contact the actual school you're intereted in, rather than the DR1 forum for credential and important sources of information.

2 ) attmepting to apply after classes have began shows two things about you 1- lack of inquiry and 2 - irresponsibility...... that is what the school will see in you...... so i would suggest if you ARE serious, get in touch with them.... i'm sure you could easily maintain communication via emails with admission officers. make sure you make all the deadlines for transcripts, deposits, etc .

3) know what you're getting into...... be ready to live in the DR if you plan to attend med school here since, like i said before, if you wish to move back to your country of origin/the states you would have to write additional board exams. HOWEVER... these board exams are much harder to sit in that decades ago..... not anyone is eligible for them......a nd you might have to go through an additional 'qualifying program'.

anyhow.... i think all the advice i just gave was in vain since you don't sound too serious..... HOWEVER, i'm hoping this might bring you down somewhat to reality.

L.

Last edited:

mikramjafri

Nov 25, 2002
thanks alot.What i have to say.

Thanks very much. Your advice indeed has helped me. Well, lol, people have a lot to say. Well i didn?t apply before classes i applied 3 weeks before classes and my enquiry is composed of at least 3 sources before i am satisfied of something; In this case four. I posted here because people in this forum seem friendly. I also posted on student doctor forum and talked to people in the DR. My uncle went there about 20 years ago for medicine and told me to recheck everything besides checking from students who went there. I don't know why people in this forum, think I am a jerk. I am a smart person been very successful up till now. I don?t need to and won?t prove, how, because i don?t need to.I have had a history of family doctors. Like 1 out of 5, lol.I posted this, when i was tensed about my admission. I asked an educational forum to send in my application that was a bit late and irresponsible so i said i should rather send it myself also just in case they fail. This is a long and hard process for me .Besides, I am extremely hardworking which is a visa for success in any country. Learning the language will be a very difficult task but i am man up to it. Not afraid of it. My grades have been superb and work history also good. I need new challenges and also that it is and was my wish to be a doctor whatever it takes, where ever i have to go .Also that I am just coming to the DR to save time not that i can't get into med-school. Its nice to hear what you all have to say about me ,Its hurts my repute but not here. You learn and can change yourself for the better. Considering that i am very grateful for you all that help me think about myself a bit. A little more comments about your experiences would be nice. My teacher once said
"Make a mistake, but let others make it first"
So i am trying to learn from your mistakes not to repeat them.
Thanks a lot.
Mikram

Macoris

Apr 17, 2002
Mistakes

Mikram,

To be honest with you, I prefer learning from your mistakes than to let you learn from mine ! You see there is giver and taker in this world. I assumed that your are the later. Goodluck in Med School at UNIBE. To be helpful to you, you do not have to study anything at present. Just take their pre-med's courses, complete them and enter into med's school. An yes, if you are living in the USA, you will be able find an intership (some hospitals have problem to recruit medical graduate) and you will be able to practice medicine. Do not let anyone to tell you the contrary. I know people who had just done that. Make your dream comes true. I think that the next intake at UNIBE is May. Enroll, study hard, learn as much as you can and prepare yourself for the US Medical Admission Examination. Goodluck.

mikramjafri

Nov 25, 2002
thanks again.

Well, to start with i haven't been to university as yet.I haven?t made a big fall up till now. Have been very successful and hardworking which usually pays off. So you could assume that my mistakes haven't started at college level. You are very kind Macoris. That I noticed for your nice and friendly advice. Well i do know i will try to do well in the USMLE but at this moment my priority is looking and getting into a good pre-med school which i can upgrade to med school later on. I haven't created these problems. These are the officials here in the visa section (too much checking after Sept11).The worst thing is that it is X-mass break; I haven't gotten my reply from UNIBE as yet. I think it might be cheaper by going through pre-med at UTESA and medical school at UNIBE Saves me a lot of money UNIBE(12000$ year)UTESA(
Most people are disagreeing on that so i am reconsidering my decision. The main problem is the visa (Its not difficult to get it)Its difficult to get it in time. I just hope i get it in time to attend in JAN.