Anyone stayed at the following hotels in Sosua?

Straycat_67

Nov 23, 2002
Looking at staying at either El Colibri or El Neptuno Apartments anyone got any feedback(ease of location,condition etc) for me please...
cheers in advance

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I live in the condo I own in El Neptuno. Very conveniently located, a couple of short blocks to center of town and beach, well managed (now, not so up to last January), nice pool, friendly people. Has own generator so 24 hour electricity. Located in a quiet, upscale neighborhood.

It isn't a hotel per se. It is a condo complex. But some of the units are available for rent.

If you want more info on El Neptuno, you can send me a PM or email by clicking the appropriate button under this post.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
First time I went to sosua I stayed in El Colibri....NEVER AGAIN!They promised me a tv and a kitchonette and when I got to the room there was neither.They also let me pay for the week without telling me the pool was being painted and was unavailable.I would have demanded a refund right away but it was my first time in DR and I didnt want to be walking around in the street with my suitcase in hand in a strange country.The guy who runs the place is a sneaky little black guy from Holland named Patrick.On top of all the things I stated above,I came home one night with a female friend and he told me that I couldnt bring her in because she didnt have ID.I was in poor humor because of the way he had intentionally decieved me when I booked the room and I then demanded a full refund to which he replied.."ok..she can stay". What an assh*le. Avoid that place my friend.
Larry

Last edited:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I almost stayed there when the pool was being repainted. Glad I didn't. Patrick aint a bad guy. Business is so bad it would be hard to turn it away:)

They do have the most beautiful pool in town btw:)

stayed there 2x and it was ok.