A question for you sports fans.

MJCram

Dec 7, 2002
I just realized I'm going to be in the DR for the Super Bowl. We're staying at the Sun Village in Cofresi and I've read good things about Chris & Madys. Is this a good place to watch a/the game ? If not could someone suggest an alternative ?

Thanks,
MJCram

PS. Go Pats !!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
We'll see after Monday Night!!
Yes, you will be abloe to see the games. They are on ABC, if memory serves....

HB

MJCram

Dec 7, 2002
Yeah, Monday will be a tough game againts the Titans but I think we'll squeek one out. After that two tough games, thankfully at home, against the Jets and Dolphins. Thanks for the reply !!

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
Good places

Chris and Maddy's will serve the purpose, and they are excellent folks. You'll be watching the game in an open air pub with the sound of the ocean waves at your back...pretty cool.

Eddy's Sports Bar in Sosua may be a better set up for the venue. Big-screens and all. Eddy will show you a good time, and the place will likely be pretty packed with fans all out for the same thing you are - friends, a few brews, and games on the big screen.

The other place to go to is Cabarete - where we watched the Canada-US hockey gold medal match. Open air place on the second floor of a building called the "satellite" bar. No big screens, but there will likely be a lot of people checking out the game from this place also.

Hope that helps, it all depends on what type of place you consider "good".

m

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
Will be at Eddy's to watch the EAGLES in the Super Bowl. Been going there for the game last 2 years- always have a good time.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Eddys is good.I watched my Jets get knocked out of the playoffs by the Raiders there last year.Today I watched my Jets get beaten by the lowly Bears extinguishing any playoff hopes for us :(..Oh well..at least I will be in Sosua in 19 days ...hehe.
Larry

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Season Ticket Holder

MJCram, if the Pats get to the SB again........ I'll come up from S.D. to rip it up with you.

If not, I'll have to find another excuse to come up there and rip it up on the N.Coast.

MJCram

Dec 7, 2002
Thanks for the replies. Although Eddy's sounds great I think for convenience sake, being a short walk from our Hotel, we'll be at Chris and Mady's for the game.

Hey Cleef, sounds like a plan if the Pats make another SB appearance !! Since my wife is pretty disinterested in Football it would be great whooping it up with a fellow New England fan.

Here's to a repeat,
MJCram

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Too bad its more covenient ,there are a few of us Pat fans living in Sosua and we all know Eddys is the place to be and we all know how to party right,if you want to have attmosphere over convenience come on and party with the big dogs.Jazzy who are the Jets?
Johnny:bandit: :cool:

MJCram

Dec 7, 2002
Jazzcom. After that wonderful display your J.E.T.S. Jets Jets Jets put on against the happless Bears yesterday I don't think they could beat the Bengals let alone the World Champs !!! ;-)

Tell you what Johnny, If the Pats make it back to the SuperBowl I may just have to figure out a way to get to Eddys. Sounds like just the atmosphere I'd be looking for. :cool:

Brian

Jan 5, 2002
EDDYS IS GOOD I WAS THERE LAST YR AND I WILL BE BACK AGAIN THIS YR WITH $ OTHER GUYS FROMNNY

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
didnt know there were so many of us Patriots fans here in DR1...too bad they had to lay an egg tonite.

MJCram

Dec 7, 2002
Very disappointing game last night. They have to be able to establish the run if they want to defend their title. 56 yards won't hack it.

I still believe though !!!