13 days to go....Looking for new "Partners in Crime"

ShoortyLov

Nov 15, 2002
I'll be arriving Santo Domingo on the 25th...I usually hang out with my cousins, but I travel to DR at least three times a year and I never actually explore the island, I usually go to the same places, do the same things...not that I do not enjoy it...there most be a reason why I make so many 5-6 day trips (since I usually run out of vacation time at work) ;) but....I want to hang out with ...you know...some "americanized" people...(I have my reasons :rolleyes: :p

Anyhow...Does anyone want to hang out with a mature, smart, funny, "salsa lovin" (really good at it too ;) ), spontanious, "just one of the best/coolest person in the world"....dominican looking ;) chick?? lol

-JAN ....After reading a couple of posts where description is given about you...I'm sure you'll be a perfect partner in crime :p

-pictures and references available upon request... :D

KP

Last edited:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Shorty...I'll be in The DR from the 21st through January 9th..If you want to hang out e-mail me...

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
hi Shoorty

Post you pic.I will be on the north coast from Jan 3rd till the 15th.What date are you heading back home?
Larry

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Pity your arriving on the 25th, we will be having a great Christmas dinner that evening in Sosua, kicks off at 6pm and ends at, God only knows :)

If you teach me to dance salsa (I have two left feet), I might even show you a few of the SD landmarks :) Email me, I'll be about over Christmas.

Email me a photo and I'll post it in the gallery.
robert@dr1.com

ShoortyLov

Nov 15, 2002
Typical men!! lol All posts request my pic : o) I actually do not have a pic on this computer, where I'm at now....but give me til the end of the day....I'll get all pretty (since I just got up, trying to recover from couple of tequila shots I had last night ;) )....take a pic and send it to Rob...

I'll be returning on Jan 14th...Will email you guys...

KP

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Shortylov

To prove Jan wrong, I will take a chance without a picture. Just the fact that you can dance salsa will be enough. Of course, your picture will help, but no problem. Good salsa dancers are rare in DR. I hate the way Dominicans dance salsa, if you call that salsa.

I am permanently on vacation, so I have no scheduling problems. e-mail me. My picture is on file and I plan to update it soon. As for Jan, she is a good date. Very personable and fun. I spent a few hours just talking to her at a christmas event and she was fun to talk to in the company of Rob, Pib and some others, who are just as much fun. Pib is your philosopher type, but she looks like a tiger in a nun disguise. She scares me! Too mysterious and a Dominican Gloria Steinem. But for the adventurous, Pib can be quite a trek. She is very sexy too, specially in black. If you have a dog, Jan will love you.

Sorry, just stirring the pot. Ok Shortylov, let me see your turns with Marc Anthonys "Celos"!!

TW

ShoortyLov

Nov 15, 2002
I tried getting a new pic in this comp...but I forgot my camera-to-computer cable at home :(. I'll be returing home tomorrow and will most definately send a pic.

Golo...funny you state that...mostly all men that approach me is regarding the way I dance salsa .....there most be a reason for that ;) I do like "Celos" from Mark A....but my favorites are: "O me quieres o me dejas" (Noche Caliente), "Para que vuelves" (Eddie Santiago), and "Dime que quieres" (Gran Combo) ;)

It seems like Jan and I will be trying to hang out together...looking forward to that :)

.....counting the minutes til the day comes to take a big sip of that "Brugal", which I usually folow with a shot of Johnny Black and Amaretto on the rocks ;).......

go gringo go

Nov 26, 2002
too americanized

If an Americanized, NYCer who's been studying the language for the last two months and tries to merengue but makes it look more like monster mashing (but I have fun trying!), sounds like the kind of partner your looking for drop me an email.

I'm gonna try to rent a "jeepeta" to see the countryside too but I have no idea whats good for new years. I guess for now I just plan to see what's going on wherever I am at the time. Of course if anyone at all has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. Oh and where is this gallery of pictures everyone is talking about?

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
ShoortyLov,

Where were you on the night of the DR1 NYC reunion? I was hanging out at the Copa all by my lonesome, waiting for you guys to show. Danced up a storm with a few guys, though, the salsa was that good! You would've enjoyed it.

Get in touch with me if you'd like to do the salsa thing before embarking on your DR Christmas adventure. I'll be going to Florida soon and I know I'm going to miss all the nice, hip 'n cool, not to mention different, salsa-lovin' New Yorkers. We could have a ladies' going-away all-night dance fest!

P.S. I'm very mature...in wisdom, not age. ;)

-Indie

ShoortyLov

Nov 15, 2002
Indie...

That weekend was a mess...I tried getting down there and never made it...I live in Mass...but I do visit NY very often..I actually need to go do some shopping next weekend... Email me and lets keep in touch.
I have a few friends that moved to FL...and they have been trying to convince me to follow their tracks...but I decided on DR instead ;)
-Maturity...same here ;)

Regarding my pic...I give up...I am not having any luck getting a new pic in any of the computers I've been using (no cable..still not home :( ) but this is what i'm going to do...The link below is for a my hotmail profile, which this pic is from June..and i want to have a little fun....I will give details on the pic...when you guys guess which one am I ;)

http://members.msn.com/default.msnw...eAAAAAAAGheAkn0gWGM0rCzmVRyKHtXZ32W555KgDy1Q$

That should take u directly to my profile if not...my screename is the same on MSN

Kathy

Last edited:

ShoortyLov

Nov 15, 2002
Yes...I am the one in the middle. That picture was taken last June after a long partying day at a hispanic festival. I have lost about 25lbs since that picture. You guessed correctly ;) What made you think that ..that was me???

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Don't you guys be messin' with ShoortyLov. Shes to young and to smart for all of you. Shes young but she knows her s**t! In fact shes almost me but younger. Oh how I long for those days again.
Kick their butts ShoortyLov!
When you come here I'll make sure we get new fotos of you for the boys to gawk at!

Last edited: