The DR1 Mafia meets again

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
If anyone is in town (Santo Domingo) and you want to meet some of the most infamous posters on DR1, then join us.

Date: December, Saturday 14
Time: 8:30 PM
Place: Pool area of Hotel Naco, Av. Tiradentes.

If you need more details, pls. email me.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
You bet Jan....then you'll really officially be Dominican!! :)
Heck we even say it to each other here (in Canada)!;)

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Too Bad

I missed this get together, but I closed my DR1 page at 2PM on Friday and never came back after today. Too short a notice. I regret it even more because I had a lousy Saturday. My electric car antenna was broken, all my girlfriends were either sick or you know what....and got myself in a hellish traffic jam by Plaza Central that killed my enthusiasm. It looked like Jan, Pib and the rest of the gang were all shopping there with a million people. I exchanged a Tommy shirt that didnt fit me well and bought the latest CD by Johnny Prez, and that was it!

I picked up a Bistec ensebollado con tostones, went home and listened to music. Besides I refuse to buy my license sticker until the end of the year because I made a promise I wouldnt help Hippo with my money before it is even due....You hear that Hippo...my license plates are good until December 31. I dont have to buy your goddamm plates prior to that date..thats the law.

Besides, I dont want to drive with no antenna!

TW

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
sorry to hear that Jan

DR1 is a fickle crowd and now you know too. Next time make a date with a german guy he'll be on time.

Tw: I'm disappointed, you buy Tommy Hilfiger stuff!? No taste! Those loud rags I wouldn't even wear as nightgawns.
But for the antenna you are excused. Sitting in a traffic jam without that beloved barchata music que horrible!
X.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
X-Man-Fashion Lesson For You

I am not sure how long you lived in DR, if at all, but you need a fashion lesson on DR. Fashion is where you live and where you go or travel. Believe it or not, Tommy, Nautica, Ralph Lauren, Guess and Banana Republic are the best selling sportswear in DR among the "high class". Why? Because it is simply sportswear meant for casual wear, which is most of the wear-time in this country. While we wear Versaces, Armanis, Gautiers and Hugo Bosses for evening wear and elegant dinners and events, wearing the same for casual wear is a little too much, unless you want to be kidnapped.

While Tommy sportswear has long been associated with blacks in the United States, it is also one of the best selling labels worldwide, and not just by blacks. Their sales are so big, that the most prestigious magazines have the most expensive ads paid by Tommy. A Tommy shirt goes for $1500 at the Plaza Central store, not quite a fare for the poor. 90% of their sales are in the "jevitos" market and even their sales staff project that image. It is one of the most chic stores in DR, along with Plaza Boleras Guess and Nautica, who have some of the most beautiful girls selling.

Now if you relate Tommy to blacks, you should also do the same for Gucci, Louis Vitton, Ferrari, Cadillac,Mercedes, BMW, Cartier, Rolex and Chinchilla fur coats. It seems to me that those labels above are doing most of their sales in the U.S. among rich blacks, rappers and basketball, baseball players, and drug dealers. There is no one rap video without a Gucci hat, Mercedes SL600 AMG, Ferrari, Jaguar, or Cadillac Jeepeta. Fat Joe shows in his latest video the ultimate chinchilla coat, something reserved for multimillionaires. So fashion nowadays is how you wear clothes and accesories, not who wears them.

TW

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
"Guess and Nautica, who have some of the most beautiful girls selling. " golo

This is so true, if you come to santiago stores, your head will spin.

Petaka

Nov 8, 2002
Plaids.

Quote: While Tommy sportswear has long been associated with blacks in the United States, it is also one of the best selling labels worldwide, and not just by blacks.

Blacks have long dictated fashion in the US. If it were not for them you would still be wearing plaids.
Incidentally, FUBU is one of the most popular labels worn by rappers right now.

Looks like your antenna problem is messing up your brain. No worries, one incident should not be cause for alarm.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Very true... The blacks spend more money on clothing than any other people. Most fashionable clothes are first bought by blacks.

Golo, check out my shoe store at www.largefeet.com for the most fashionable footwear in the world. Also the largest selection in the world and we can ship to the DR.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
I respect each race fashion

Though I make fun sometimes of certain black attitudes and fashions, I respect black fashion as a whole. First of all, blacks look good in their own style. In fact, if I were black I would probably be wearing the same clothes. There is an occasion for everything.

There are also many blacks who are fashion trend setters and who have changed the way we look. For instance in my opinion Michael Jordan is one of the best dressed men in the world and his own clothing used to be hot items before his retirement. He also established the professional sports look for all athletes, who now have their own trend setting style among blacks and young athletes. For instance the bastketball draft is the place to see the latest in sports fashion for black athletes and many movie stars and singers imitate many of these styles. The return of the Nehru style suit for entertainment is one example.

Nowadays, I see more blacks driving Ferraris and BMWs than whites. Everytime you turn your head in Miami, you see a black driving the latest Italian sports car. Things have changed.

TW

AtlantaBob

Jan 2, 2002
I just happen to hear, today, what FUBU meant. "For Us, By Us". (I'm sure there was no racial intent there). But I also heard that FUBU was bought out by an Asian company, recently. I guess the name doesn't make much sense now.

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Allright golo

you win, but you havn't changed my mind about T.H.

I like Doc Martens, baggy Silvertab's from Levi
and tops from HOM (french).I don't go to places any more where I would need other stuff than that.

Ps:
Do you guys have any good socks in the DR? the stuff they sell here in the mens departments are
muy triste, gris y negro solamente. So I go to the ladies section and buy the Hot Socks brand.

Greetings from the "fashion monster"
X.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
X-man

Where are you by the way? And yes, we got fairly good socks here in DR. The packets are sold for about $200 pesos. Theyre not as good as those found in Miami for US$6.00 at Marshalls or Flagler, or at Orlandos outlet area.

You forgot to mention your heavy lumberjack boots to along with your Silvertabs. I prefer my Guess and Tommy carpenter jeans for real relaxation. I take off the Tommy tag by the knife pocket. I got my army style boots made by Fila, which are as lightweight as sandals.

I kind of like the style in your picture. You could use an Enrique Iglesias snow cap for cooler look. hehehe! How about a pair of earrings to bring you down 10 years,ha!

TW